What's the most memorable food you've eaten?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Tam, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Had to post this as I remembered it today and it made me laugh.

I had the best spag bol I've ever tasted in my life in an Italian restaurant in Positano. I remember raving on and on about how sublime it was, how fantastic, how it was divine, spag bol from God!

And then I got so pissed I don't remember ANY of it. So I've eaten some of the best food I've ever tasted, and don't bloody well remember what it was like. That's pretty memorable!
  2. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

usually food that rich people eat

for example I once worked as a waiter for a catering company in a suite for someone who is extremely rich, and after we got to eat the food that they didn't eat when they left, and I forgot what I ate or what it tasted life but I know it was awesome and probably the best food I have ever eaten, and this was just some small crappy catering company, I could imagine what these people eat like when they go out for 5 star restaurants which they probably do every night

rich people have it good, they know that money rules and they try to rig the game in their favor, they know life sucks when you are poor, especially rich people who have never known what it is like to struggle

also another time I went to some expensive restaurant during a friends bachelor party, and it was damn good, rich people really have it good
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

dim sum from this little Chinese restaurant on the bad side of town. Scary place to get to and you didn't want to stay long, but the dim sum was fantastic.
  4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

A vegetable soup that I cooked by myself. I intended to put pieces of soy sausages in it but I forgot, but despite that it was the best soup I had ever tasted... just with vegetables, salt, spices and rice vinegar. Actually, though, most of it was fruits and roots since tomatoes actually are fruits and potatoes and turnips are roots... so a root, fruit and vegetable soup it was.

It could've been better, though... spiced it a bit too much and another detail could've been considered.
  5. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

Seriously, probably a meal i had with some friends at a Lebanese restaurant in London... was kind of worried about it, didn't know much about that sort of food, and it was fairly expensive (at least for me), but seriously good food, really good flavour to it and everything, without being over the top, perfectly cooked, the whole lot.
  6. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Hey that should go in poet's corner!

Now I'm started got to add these:

Four layer lemon cake from Bird on the Rock (best tearooms in the universe, sadly now defunct)

Eating Myzithra cheese for the first time in Crete - and the second time and third time and fiftieth time ... (but eating Cretan food in Crete is memorable anyway - they reckon the Cretan diet is the healthiest in the world - don't know about that but it's certainly the tastiest. And unlike Italy, this time I REMEMBER what it tasted like.)

7. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Hmm.. i remember weird food the most, alligator, octopus tentacle sushi, frogs legs, oysters... but i always remember and LOVE profiteroles
  8. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

The most memorable is probably chocolate; that's not to say it was the most satisfying.
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

alligator sausage, cactus, lavender chocolate
  10. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

11. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Hmmmm.... This ribeye steak I had when I was younger was amazing. I don't know what about it made it so great but I loved it and have not had as good of a steak since. Although I have basically cut out meats...
  12. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

a Crock Monsiuer (no pun intended xD)

its like a croque monsieur, which is a french toasted sarmie, but instead of ham it has crocodile in it. The taste is similar to smoked ham, it wasnt the best meal Ive ever had but certainly the most unusual. And soon I will partake in some civet coffee...
  13. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Grilled ribs, memories from each summer, amazing!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.