What's The One Thing(s) That Will Save Your Life?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by yous, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yous

yous Well-Known Member

What is the one thing, that if you had all the power in the world, or your hopes and dreams come true, anything at your disposal to change your depressed/suicidal state around from doing you in, what would that be?

What exactly is it that is stopping you now from achieving this?

2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Hate. Hate can overpower anything.

Nothing is stopping me. My impotent rage is the reason why I'm still standing.

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

What killing myself? The fear of failing that :eek:hmy:.

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Me too, the fear of failing to kill myself.

5. yous

yous Well-Known Member

Well what I mean is, if you could change your mind from killing yourself, if you can make your whole life better, what would it take?

Like for example if you want the lottery, got your lost love back, was prettier, you were the center of attention.....what I meant by this post, was what would it be, the one thing that would make you not hate, or kill yourself. What would be the one thing that could change your whole life around and make you live happily ever after?

6. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

I would...but no such thing exists and I consider it pointless to think about it.

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i don't get suicidal out of choice. i love being alive. but when i'm going to kill myself, it's usually my anger that saves me.

8. yous

yous Well-Known Member

Well all of you weren't born sad were you?

So whatever it was that turning poing must have been the one thing that is now missing. I mean at some point in your life the depression "Became you." Just an internal voice that keeps saying "kill, die..."

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

the one thing that wills save my life is the healing of my daughter her getting stable strong and well she needs to get well.

10. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I think just to have one person actually care about me, and not betray or abandon me like everyone else. I don't feel that is too much to ask. I'm only still alive because I'm waiting for this to happen, but I can't stand it much longer.

I would also change every single aspect of myself, both body and mind, but I realise that is a little unrealistic.

Mim

11. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Yeah. Winning the jackpot would be pretty much it. Having obscene amounts of money would lead to having easy access to all the resources that would make me happy.

What's keeping me from attaining it? Err, mathematical improbability.

12. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

something happened to me in grade 6 at primary school and i remember not feeling right after that...then in my first year at high school another upsetting event (both to do with my mother and my health) which impacted the way I felt about being unloved and having self hate.
    but when I was 15 the thing that sticks in my mind is watching the funeral of Robert Kennedy all day on TV like on obsession...after that I always felt suicidal....not the RK funerals fault but a memory of being so depressed as death had never touched me like that before..
    I know it's wierd!....but you did ask..

14. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

I don't know. I don't know what I want and even if I did there'd be the problem of figuring out how to get it.
    I'd like to think it's money. Money is great. If I had it, I'd rub it in everyone's face to make myself feel better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.