What's the origin of your screenname?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Mortal Moon, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

See topic title. Just give a bit of explanation as to how you came up with your SF pseudonym.

Mine comes from being a nerdy math major at university. A "derivative" is an important concept in calculus; basically, it's a function that tells you how another function changes. A "second derivative" is the derivative of the derivative, and so on. I just decided that "fourth derivative" sounded cool, and the rest is history.
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i like to hide
  3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Thumb Wrestling Federation- TWF

And no, I'm for real, you can't beat my thumb. :smug:
  4. abcd

abcd Active Member

no imagination
  5. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

It's the name of a super mutant in Fallout 3.

I didn't use my normal handle due to search indexing.
  6. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

...because I want to "disappear"
  7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

because that's what I do
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So people wont find you? Same here, anyways its my name. :D
  9. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

My cat wears a red belt around his neck with silver paw prints on it, and the cat's name is Prinnctopher. I was looking at him and his belt. "Oh, his belt. Prinnctopher's Belt." It has a little bell attached to it and that's how I always know where he is or when he jumps on my bed in the middle of the night, when he moves or shakes the bell shakes and jingles. eh
  10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Mine is "asdf" for Dvorak users. Offers good anonymity, but with a nerdy twist :)

(Though, now that I've put my Real Name up, I'm identifiable - there's most likely only one Dvorak user by the name of Steffen, and almost certainly only one Steffen using Dvorak in Canada. I'm less self-conscious about my suicidal inclinations now, though.)
  11. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Corang is my WoW character and turns out its a place too so I doubt anyone will find this account through google very easily.
  12. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

What follows is th origin story of my screen name...

In the land of the dead and blind there was born a one eyed zombie...having one more eye than any other zombies he was crowned king and he got a kick ass palaced with a hottub....oh and a awesome spaceship XP

Upon reaching the age of 22 he set out on a voyage in his awesome space ship and landed on earth and was planing on casting down a plague of death and distruction on earth, turning everyone into his zombies slaves, but I accidentally ran over him with my bike...thus saving the earth from the zombie plague.

He is now foreve immortalized in my screen name

one eye zombie = 1izombie :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.