What's the point of it all?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by CyberGlitch, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberGlitch

CyberGlitch Member

I just don't see the point of it all anymore? I've tried to get help via meds and therapy. I just can't tell them the whole truth b/c they don't believe me. I've hinted at everything but they never pick up it. Honestly, even my wife of 10 years hasn't picked up on anything, but she knows something is wrong. I know I'm screwed up in the head. I honestly think her and my 2 kids would be better off without me. The only way I can function and continue on is if I stop at the store and get something to drink while at work. I know someone in the office will pick up on that eventually but I honestly don't care.

I've already tried once and failed. So next time can't be failure b/c what's the point? Everything I've tried doesn't make a difference and everyone else remains the same and doesn't care to help. I've got no friends and my family really doesn't want anything to do with me anymore.

2. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you have been suffering alone for so long, it can be hard when we distance ourselves from near and dear ones, thereby becoming disassociated not only with them but with reality as a whole, then begins the painful process of losing ourselves.
    You say that you cannot just tell them the whole truth as you feel 'they' do not have the ability to believe you? well, if you havent talked it out, heart to heart, then you havent really tried everything; your wife and your 2 kids really depend upon you, leaving them behind will result in serious agony for them. 10 years of trust and love is not worth losing, if you are afraid she will be permanently distanced from you on hearing the truth; but neither is losing your own life.

Pm if you need to :hug:

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

You need to tell someone the whole truth, whether or not they believe you. Get it outside of your head for the relief it gives you. You may want to start a diary here on this site. It helps a lot of us here.

I try not to think in terms "point of it all" but to think in terms of individual elements. I think of the "point of my knit and crochet group", "the point of my husband", etc.

Please keep it simple. Try to focus on things you can do and that is best accomplished by putting what you can't do out of your mind for the time being.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.