What's the point of living anyway? * may trigger*

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BOLIAO, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BOLIAO Guest

I wonder what do people who easily get bored with everything and have done everything they wanted and got bored do? Being highly extreme in anything I get interested myself in, I would persist and persevere until I reach a certain level of satisfaction and then I lose total interest in it. I'm done with everything and also bored with everything and want to do nothing and AM doing nothing except to lay in bed almost all the time with no motivation even to carry on living. It's as if I'm done with life and waiting for God to take me and I can't kill myself because of the damage it would do to my old folks.

I think living is a total waste of time. In the end all of us will die so whats the point of carrying on striving to live when I'm done with my life? Everything we all do is in vain. heck cares whether others remember me or not when i die. So what if I achieve anything in my life? It's all pointless. Life is a waste of time.
  2. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

Hey there,

"Eclipse" by Pink Floyd has been the top played song on my iTunes for about two months now. It pretty much sums up everything you're saying. I don't know what to say, I wish I had an answer myself.
  3. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

reminds me of me in a way. i dont see the point of doing something unless your going to be really brilliant at it.

i guess when you run out of things to do, you just do anything you can carelessly until something great comes along that catches your eyes. then you get invloved in that like everything else, and try and reach a level that has been previously unachieved until you came along.
  4. amylou

amylou Well-Known Member

I agree with you life is boring . And half the time I'm like that when I just simply can't be bothered to do anything. But I guess there is a reason for why we are on this earth.
  5. sunshinesunny

sunshinesunny Well-Known Member

Now after what my family and society have done to me I do not want to live on i they wasted 6 years of my life i am 28 now i should have done MBA at 22
    6 years is a lot of time and besides i am too ill and depressed now to carry on ...In a way i am committing suicide very slowly and agonisingly......Even i myself am against me
  6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Living is not a total waste of time. Yes, in the end we all will turn to dust, since death is an eventual part of life, but while we are here, we are supposed to make the most of our existence. It's ok if you don't live a life full of achievements and accomplishments, because you will have to leave them anyway eventually. You don't have to live your life competing with other people to see who can have the most possessions to be happy. Life is what you make of it and happiness comes from within. If helping people gives you purpose in life, then do that and it will help you feel happy with yourself.
  7. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I really understand this post perhaps even more than many I read here at SF.

It's not really that I ever had any great ambitions. In fact, most of the things I ever really wanted to do were very simple and pretty easily accomplished. I never wanted a great job or a big house or an expensive car or a family or any of that stuff.

And once I accomplished everything I ever wanted to do, what was left? I've always felt that my life was pretty pointless. At the moment, I only live for the people who would be hurt by my death. My life means nothing to me anymore but it means something to the people who care about me so that sucks. I couldn't do that to them.

I'll tell you what I hate, though. I hate the repetitiveness of life. I hate doing the same shit every day just because I have to. If I actually get up some motivation and clean my room, I'll be in a good mood for a while because everything looks great, smells great and the atmosphere is just right. And then, a few days later, there are soda cans and paper plates and chip bags everywhere. The bed isn't made. There are crumbs everywhere. My desk is a mess. And there it is. The room needs to be cleaned again.

I hate temporary. You clean something and you know it won't stay that way. You go to work and you hate every minute of it. And when the day is over, you're so happy to go home but it's a muted happiness because you know tomorrow will be the same fucking shit. And the day after tomorrow. And the day after that. Forever. Accomplishment doesn't last. Ever. And that's the thing that really discourages me the most.
  8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

At least there's one other Pink Floyd fan around here. I've been listening to Dark Side Of The Moon at least once a week since, probably 1992 and it's really amazing how much it says about life with so few words. Just listening to it is like a journey. Pink Floyd is actually one of the few things in life that cheers me up. To sit and think that someone could be that brilliant to write music like that.

A lot of people think PF's music is too dark and depressing but the crazy thing is that it always cheers me up to listen to it.

BOLIAO Guest

somehow i feel that actually all humans whether they are aware of it or not are actually living in hell because when death comes, thats the point where we are all alone and no matter how many people are with us, we have to go through it alone. We can do whatever we want on earth but in the end, we all cannot escape it and I dont think there are any thing such as a quick death. I've always thought the best way to die is via a heart attack until I saw a an ex colleague of mine having one for 10 minutes. that ten minutes was not a fast ten minutes. Cancer, terminal illness, etc are all slow deaths with pain. no matter what we do, we still have to face death and when it comes, all's in vain. Its the manner of how we die that matters. Some say dying in sleep is peaceful. How would we know, the person could be struggling to breath or suffocating. Somehow, I think life is a punishment and life is really pointless.
  10. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

11. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

i can't find happiness within and am in fact totally not interested in life itself. I'm not even interested in living. meanwhile just hanging on for my old folks. If not for them or if they had two sons instead of one, I would have taken my life. Life is pointless and whats the pointof living when you enjoy it no more?
  12. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

28 is still young my friend. Try seeing it from my perspective at 36. Even worse. At 36, I've not interested in living anymore when i should perhaps be not interested in living when i reach old age. Well I guess some people 'arrive' faster than others. If only God could take me home and take good care of my old folks.
  13. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I doubt I could ever run out of things to do because life is constantly changing, new opportunities surfacing or passing you by depending on how you live. Some people waste far too much time contemplating death, it comes for us all sooner or later, thinking about it isn't going to change that or make you feel better about it. Not everything has an end purpose, some purposes are brought about by an action, occur with it and cease with it. I believe life is one of those things and the only certainty in life is death. Concerning yourself with the inevitable is just a waste of time.
  14. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

It's really funny you should say that because it's the same way for me, too. I only got into The Dark Side of the Moon a year or so ago but I listen to it all of the time to get myself out of a bad mood. Ha.
  15. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

One thing after another. Today, I was informed that my mum, the person that i love the most in my life, has colon cancer. The world seems to be encouraging me to self-terminate.
  16. fojerbachas

fojerbachas Active Member

sorry about your mom :/
  17. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

Living is cool if you can get some enjoyment out of life. If nothing interests you or anything, i dont see the point in living.
  18. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

19. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm 44 and have been (unsuccessfully) dealing with this for many many years. Yes 28 is young but so is 36 my friend. I'm so sorry that you are in such a difficult and hurtful place right now. But if there is only one thing I can say has been worthwhile over all this time it is finding SF and the friends like you that I have made here. Being able to help others here is the only purpose I have and sure some days it's not enough, but I'm glad I've struggled long enough to arrive here with all the others that think and feel like me. The world feels a little less viscious and cold. Please pm me and we can have one of our long debate filled chats. I've missed that lately.
  20. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Im 25, but I dont feel young. Its a relative thing. You can be 25 and feel like 65, and be 65 but feel like 25...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.