What's the point of living life? I mean why is it so special?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Depressed101, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Depressed101

Depressed101 New Member

If everday a just another miserable day then I don't see the point in life. I don't have any friends, no social life, nothing. I do t go out because I live in a essentially a rurual area where there a nothing to do.

2. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

I understand what you're feeling. I have nowhere to go to do anything either. As for friends, I used to have one, then none, now I have several. If you're truly depressed, you could actually be blocking people out. Try looking at people from a different view point, and you may be surprised, I know I was.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to sf hun, im glad you found us :hug:

I can relate to how you're feeling hun..I feel pretty much the same.

Im here if you need to talk :)

4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Living life is special because it's the most notable thing we have, and is the conduit for everything we are. All emotions dreams and aspirations are tied inextricably to life.

If life as it is lacks happiness, you must try to change it to better suit your desires. Can you move out? A rural area, as you noted, isn't great for opportunities. Do you have a job? Many people find friends there.

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Well hopefully talking here and making friends here can fill some of the nothingness which seems to be what you're feeling right now.
    We're here for you.
    Keep posting.
    Glad you're with us :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.