what's the point of living

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by morning rush, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

when no one cares about you...I just want to cry and die. Life sucks, people suck...I'm tired of giving and hoping....

2. morning rush

I must be a horrible person...

3. pisces1

pisces1 Well-Known Member

:freehug:

Sorry you are feeling so down.

4. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Why? You can't leave! Not before you show me how to write right...

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So sorry to hear you are in a difficult situation. Please DO NOT DO ANYTHING as if you look at the responses people are trying to help you.

6. morning rush

I just need to hardened my heart, and I need to stop being so nice and helpful. Because when I need help no one is there...caring family and friends, that doesn't exist...I think that once I come to terms with that, I'll be okay....

7. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Well... You might not want to hear it (at least I know I wouldn't if in an analogous situation!), but I think your perspective is just a little off. This depression--or whatever you want to call it--is clearly coloring your world & I don't believe that you are seeing things as clearly as you otherwise would. That is - for what they truly are. Believe me: You're probably not capable of being mean! I don't think it's in your nature...

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just know that you are cared for here ok please know that hugs

9. Yes and no. What you want is not bitterness, but balance. And not so much to withhold, as to have healthy boundaries and appropriate assertiveness. The funny thing about many, probably most, people is that they will assume you are good to go unless you actually tell them, clearly, what you need / expect / how you feel.

10. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

morning rush those are the two things you can't afford to get tired of.

btw, I like that Einstein's quote. its so true!

11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I care. :hugpounce:

12. Notgoodenoughwife

Notgoodenoughwife New Member

I feel the same way and I have 3 kids a house nice cars but a no good husband...... You make me feel super selfish being I have all those things and still want to die. I hope you are ok and there are no influences that make you feel this way

13. morning rush

Huh, I'm sorry if you feel selfish, but that is not my fault like you seem to say here in your comment. I'm sorry you feel that way but that is not because of me. I don't know you, and I feel attacked by your comment.

14. morning rush

thank you all for your thoughts and caring words :) I do feel a bit better. Although my mood goes from depressed to angry...hopefully it will pass soon.

15. James12

James12 Member

Hey Morning Rush, hope your feeling better today. This is my first post on this forum, and I'm sitting here wondering what I could say that might be helpful... I came to this forum as a kind of escape from my own thoughts, I hardly have the qualifications that perhaps a trained therapist would. But perhaps I can relate and empathize in a way that they cannot, because I also suffer from extreme emotional pain. I've thought about suicide every day for years, and I even own a suicide 'kit' in preparation for the day that I can overcome my instinct to live. Things seem hopeless in my own life; that I will always be in pain and without pleasure. But I logically know that a part of that hopelessness is delusion from the depression. Sometimes life isn't as hopeless as it appears and if you can find the strength to give what your going through time.. You might come out from the pain glad that you didn't kill yourself.

16. morning rush

you're right depression does alter your thinking, and might make situation look worse than they really are...even with meds it's not always easy to be happy...

I'm so so...just bummed but hopefully tomorrow is another day

17. echo

echo Member

meaning of life is to give life meaning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.