What's the point?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MeganBenoit, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeganBenoit

MeganBenoit New Member

My father is...was(mod edit-gentlelady-identifying info). He died in 2007. I really don't want to explain it. But no matter what the police are saying, I know for a fact that my father would NOT do that. I don't know who did, but I know it wasn't him.

Still, everyone is convinced he did. I'm sick of it. Every day I hear "Your father's a murderer." at least once, be it in person, or over the internet or whatever. Last week some time I got (mod edit-gentlelady-graphic picture) that in an email. I can't take this crap anymore. The police are no help. My mom is no help. My brother is no help. I want to be with my daddy again.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Megan, people are awful sometimes. Whoever sent that is just trying to hurt you.
    Your father was a talented man, and seemed a genuinely nice one, too. You must miss him a lot. But ask yourself would he want you to join him? I think he was a fighter and would have fought back, by being stronger than those who tried to upset him.

Show those who want to hurt you that you are better and stronger than them.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Megan, I am sorry for the loss of your family members. I know how difficult that can be and compounded by all the circumstances surrounding it, I can see how you can be struggling so much. I wish people would understand the effects their comments have on those left behind. Regardless of the guilt or innocence of your father, you should not be made to suffer at their hands. You had no control over the situation. Have you received any type of counseling to help you deal with what happened or the grieving process? This would be so tough to go through alone. I am glad you chose to post here and seek some support. It seems you loved your father very much. He would not want you to do anything to harm yourself. He would want you to carry on and do something positive with your life. His memory can live through you.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The police should be helping you hun because what these people are doing is beyond cruel Hugs to you hun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.