What's the point

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nickouk, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickouk

nickouk New Member

There are probably some people on here who have been raped or suffered horrible things. I feel ridiculous being on here without such things, but the fact remains that I wish there was a switch i could just flick and painlessly fall asleep forever. Not that anyone would care; I've lost nearly all of my friends over the course of my 24 years alive. On top of that i have no job and no money and feel totally pointless. I'd like to think that somebody out there would be sad, but they won't; in any case, I'm angry at everybody and resentful of everything happy they have in their lives. No money or job I can cope with but no friends? I literally have nobody I can talk to about this, literally nobody, which is why im here; my life is pointless. I bet I reply negatively to responses, for which I apologise in advance.

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I know you probably feel as though your life is over, but believe me, it isn't! Twenty-four is not too late to turn things around (not by a long shot). I thought I was old at twenty-three & basically gave up on an education and career I'd hoped for only because I thought I was too late: too far behind my perfect peers who hadn't missed a beat from high school on, and so on... But the important thing to understand is that depression is a biological, medical condition. It's a disease of the brain, so you don't have to have dramatic, traumatic events in order to justify your feelings. It's okay, and correctable. If work is biting off a little bit more than you can chew at present, how about volunteering somewhere? I know it does not pay the bills, but it does some positive things. Number one: it gives you a purpose. Number two: it gives you experience (& it sounds like any sort would be of some benefit to you). Number three: it provides for an opportunity to make contacts, references who can very often put you in touch with someone else who can employ you in the future. But you've got to do your best to keep an open mind, and give the flood of negativity a tiny break. Easier said than done, I understand. Focus on the now. Forget what's done. You can do it if you want to. Even if you don't believe me! Good Luck-

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yup agree with everything said above You are so young 24 hell hun lots of time to set yourself on a different path. Volunteering also sets you up with people that have your same interest and perhaps you can make new friends there. Depression is depression like stated there does not even have to be a reason just a chemical inbalance so meds can help that therapy can help that You have to start changing the negative talk even if you don't believe it you start saying the opposite of those negative thoughts ok There is hope there is
    reach out for it ok

4. nickouk

nickouk New Member

Well I think you've missed the point of what I was saying a little bit (not trying to be arsey or anything). I don't mind the lack of money, providing i have enough to live, i dont mind the lack of jobs, but it's the lack of friends (I basically have none) that has driven me over the edge....... What can I do about that? 24 is a bit late to make lots of new friends, as i have no means to do so. Additionally, it's knowing that if i died no-one would care that makes me utterly despondant, on top of all the other stuff

5. NottiShark

NottiShark Member

Camon man, there are gazillion ways to make new friends!

I.E. I bet you don't have girlfriend, right ? You don't have also friends to go out for a drink or two. Just check out something called pick up artists. I bet there are some people in your place who want to go out with others, have a good time and even pick up some chicks. I personally after doing this for a couple of months I have few HUNDREDS contacts in my iphone both lads and girls who are willing to do something with me.

Believe me, people here have MUCH bigger problems than yours. I'm not saying loneliness is fun but its actually quite easy to find some people to socialize. Just try, meet one, two guys and then it will go like a snowball. As I said, probably so called PUA might be the best option for you, but obv you can try out joining some hobby group, do some volunteer stuff or whatever. Just move your ass and you'll be fine.

If only overcome bipolar, depression, borderline, OCD, schizophrenia and other shit was as easy as making new friends ... :(

6. ggg

ggg New Member

Am the same has you.

What do you do?

7. Adillac

Adillac Member

Meeting friends comes as a byproduct of doing something- work/school/activities..or you could go to a bar (nothing wrong with that as long as you arent an addict of some kind). Im 30, alcoholic/heroij addict and im starting over with EVERYTHING...a lot of people are in school through their mid-late 20s...its not weird. The economy sucks so its actually a good time to go learn some shit..AND you'll make friends. I have my days too, where i obsess about suicide...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.