whats the point...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by IJ (it just is), Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IJ (it just is)

IJ (it just is) Well-Known Member

what the point to carrying on or letting go or anything for that matter. people say you selfish for wanting to commit suicide - what do they know, i think its selfish of them to want you to carry on feeling so hopeless, lousy, sad and alone. i am done with all these feelings, i am done with the meds and the nonsense the therapists and dr's feed me day in and day out. So what is the point!

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, welcome to the forum. I understand that you suffering and gone through all the emotions of life but you need to be brave. You can still live life but deal with situations one day at a time.

In life we are thrown at situations but we have to manage ourselves on a day to day basis. Please be safe as you know we do care.

3. IJ (it just is)

thanks, i am trying, but its getting harder by the day,

4. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

There isn't a point.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

It's the whole point. Finding yourself in this lifetime. With your struggles it's harder to find the purpose it's just a harder journey to get there. Every person has their place and purpose in life. Things happens for a reason. It might be cliche though.

To say suicide is selfish is not true in many cases. It's a choice people choose to make when things seem so bad or can't cope with Stressors/feelings and think it's the best option when it's not in reality. Just saying you are in charge of your destiny and only you can change your life if you're not happy about something then change it. If it's a chemical Response try different medications.

I am on medication and finally have my life back. Just saying there is always hope.

6. Tjh

Tjh Active Member

Hang in there, IJ.

7. IJ (it just is)

thanks all for the replies, I know there is hope and I am trying to have hope, its just not that easy. I to am on meds but recently i just stopped and it was a downward spiral but I stopped myself and went back on them, I do feel better on them but they make me feel superficial. But I am hanging on and will "hope" for the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.