What's the point?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Butterfly, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

How I feel and what I'm thinking just do not matter. Every time I try to open up, nobody is bothered or just puts it one side and dismisses it. Or I just get plain ignored. I know no one is going to have the answer, there may not even be an answer but I feel so alone and nobody is listening to me. You know, if someone just took some time to listen then maybe it would help relieve some of this pain, even if they can't offer and advice back. I'm all over the place inside and I can't even make sense of things myself and nobody will listen to me. I feel like I just don't matter to anybody. People are better off without me.

2. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Hi Butterfly;

You remind me of a quote I read tonight:

"Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand." [Karl A. Menniger]

Anyway, I am listening...

3. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

I'm so sorry you feel this way Butterfly.

I know it's not the same, but your friends here really care.

:pinkheart: :hug:

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yeah... it's not the same here but we really do care! An amazing person like yourself deserves to be listened to and heard. I feel for you, you're going through a lot, I will always offer a listening ear! :hug:

5. nik89

nik89 Member

I know what you mean. But please, don't believe people are better off without you. That is not true.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Thank you everyone for the kind messages. I'll reply in a bit more detail tomorrow, just letting you know I have read your messages and appreciate them x

7. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Im here. Ill try listen.

8. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

we need you to persevere.

9. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Butterfly we all care but do not think you are alone. Each day is hard but stay strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.