Whats the point?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by crazyknife, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyknife

crazyknife Guest

alright so I am pretty sure I am just gonna go through with it and kill myself now. I have a plan, so I think I am just gonna do it. I just do not see the point of living anymore. I was happier than I am ever going to be again last year, so why would I keep living if I am never going to be that happy again. My life has already hit its climax, so what is the point of living? I try to sleep as much as I can now. I take sleeping pills all the time just to put me to sleep. I am so much happier when I am sleeping. Then when I wake up I just miss her so much and the pain is too much. I think if I kill myself it will just be like going to sleep forever.

2. gemusan

gemusan Active Member

You're not happy when you're sleeping. To be happy, you have to be alive. You don't know the future, so you can't say you'll never be as happy as last year. You just might, and if you kill yourself, you'll never find out.

3. Persephone

Persephone Active Member

You're depressed. You cannot imagine anything getting better. That's what depression is like. So let those who have been there tell you this simple truth: time really does heal all wounds. I have lots of scars to prove it. If you were capable of finding happiness in love once, you will be again. That's a solemn promise from one knows. In the meantime, see a doctor for temporary relief. And by the way, the "point" is this: learning how to triumph over pain and sorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.