What's the point?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Dare to Dream, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Dare to Dream

Dare to Dream Staff Alumni

What is the point of love? Why love when you know that you will end up being hurt? Why love when you know that your not meant to be loved? I give up! It is not worth the pain anymore. It is not worth anything anymore. Why love someone and let them take your heart? God I gave all I had to give and I got it thrown back into my face. I AM DONE WITH LOVE! IT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO ANYONE ANYMORE! WHY SHOULD IT MATTER TO ME?! FUCK IT I HATE LOVING SOMEONE AND HURTING BECAUSE OF IT! LOVE IS NOT WORTH ANYTHING ANYMORE! I AM NOT WORTH ANYTHING ANYMORE! I GIVE UP DAMN IT!
  2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

:hug: :hug: :hug:
  3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Don't give up

You are worth so much hun, you just need to realise it

:hug: :cheekkiss
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2007
  4. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

You are worth lots hun. Stay strong :hug:
  5. SoHappyItHurts

SoHappyItHurts Well-Known Member

Love sickness is often the dark side of love, but it can be overcome:

In other words, there are semi-rational ways to engage in romantic relationships. An important part of the solution is trying to maintain unconditional positive self-regard, which is more lacking in people with low self-esteem, depression, etc.

Somewhat related videos:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/16 (discusses the chemical changes that romantic love causes, which results in a motivational state of desire and craving. What results in long-term, successful relationships is a more calm but deeper attachment -- companionship -- and, like romantic love, companionate love has been happening for millions of years in human ancestry. So romantic and long-term love isn't going away anytime soon. The divorce rate in America has actually been declining recently.)
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0 (discusses ways of avoiding negative thinking regardless of what happnes)
  6. Dare to Dream

Dare to Dream Staff Alumni

I just want to give up. I have lost the one person who made me laugh and smile. It will never be the same. Loving him is what I do best. Why cant he see that? Why cant he see that he means the world to me? Why is it that everytime I find love it gets taken away? WHY WHY WHY??? I cant take it anymore. I am going to shut myself off to loving others. Alls it does is bring you pain and the way I am feeling right now it is not worth it.
  7. SoHappyItHurts

SoHappyItHurts Well-Known Member

One doesn't need romantic love to be happy, though. Friendships and socialization are normally required for happiness, but not romantic love. It may not appear that way to you now, but that's because you are currently suffering from the depressive, obsessive nature of lovesickness, which is temporary. Therapy can accelerate the process of getting over someone, as can dating other people.
  8. danni

danni Chat Buddy

9. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Dunno, it's just something you don't need when it's a mess like that? I hear you. I've felt like this.
    "Why is this happening to me, I don't want it, I don't need it!" :mad:

It does get easier. I don't know your situation but everything gets easier but I do know the hurt. Maybe he's just not ready to see or to feel what you feel for him?

Maybe there are other things you do that you're good at other than loving someone?

I hope things get better for you.
  10. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

I dont profess to be an expert in love but IMHO, If you love some one and he/she doesnt love you back, then it's no point to dwell in sadness over it cos the person probably isn't really meant for you. Along the way in life, we will meet people whom we will love. some will love us and some wont but there will always be opportunities to love again given time.
    One swallow doesnt make a whole summer. Everyone gets their heart broken along the way. It only makes us stronger next time.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

don't give up :hug: