What's the point?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mordeci, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I see no reason to go on in my life; I have no friends and no one who really cares about me. Whenever I reach out to someone for help I always end up being rejected. Beyond that I have no future to look forward to only pain and regret I really think I should just end it all tonight and get it over with.
  2. Polar

Polar Account Closed

Hi Mordeci,

I'm so sorry to hear about how you're feeling.

If you have met me you would understand how fervent I am about acceptance. Rejection in many shapes and forms is possibly the cruelest thing a person can experience.

I understand what you're saying. I have reached out to so many people and have felt they have not only rejected me but have gone on to unnecessarily hurt me.

Please don't end it all tonight though. The reason I say this is because people here will accept you and care for you. Also don't give up that acceptance will never happen. I'd like to share something with you.

After leaving the doctor's surgery after a suicide attempt one night, I stopped off at a supermarket and met some very caring people. It gave me so much confidence and for the first time I really wanted to live. For six months I spoke to these people and I had a girlfriend. Unfortunately, it all ended but knowing how unexpected it at all was I wouldn't discount that something like this wouldn't happen again.

You seem like a person who wants to be loved and cared for. I'm sure as well that you're quite caring yourself so give it a chance to happen. If you were to end it just think about the good things which will happen in your life that you would miss out on. Good things will happen too because good things happen to good people. So please try to hold on.

Take care.

Kind regards,

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Thanks for the kind words but people have been telling me similar things for years, I am almost 23 and I am tired of waiting. I really think it is in my best intrest to finish it all.
  4. elpepo

elpepo Active Member

"What's the point?" that's an interesting question, and I think it depends on what you want out of life.
    Is it worth the pain? Then there is a point.
  5. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I guess the title was a little misleading sorry, my feeling is that there is no point and that there is no reason for me to continue.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are only 23 yrs old do you know how young you are. You have a whole future ahead of you I didn't meet my other half until i was in my 30s what is the rush. There will be many opportunities for things to change. You need to go out and join groups with the same interest as you. You need to take some courses that are of interest to you so you can meet people with same interest God you have so much time for things to happen for you to make them happen. Get a therapist who will help you with these social skills The point is you are too young to give up on hope yet way to young.
  7. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I've always heard that 20's were some of the best years of people lives I am tired of waiting, if I know the end result why not take matters into my own hands and end it.
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

because you don't know the end results you can't see into the future no one can anything can happen anyone can come in to your circle and wouldn't it be tragic you missed out on the life you wanted because you gave up so early in life. take each day and make it different talk to someone new take new course go for walk on the beach get out and don't give up your worth the fight
  9. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I really don't see the point in going on I have a feeling that I have reached my limit, the loneliness, the isolation it has all become too much for me to handle. I am tired of being told I will get better, I have been told that for years and if anything I deteroraded. Today feels like a good day to finish it.
  10. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I really don't see any reason to go on so I think today will be my last day.
  11. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

fuck it I will just finish it all now
  12. shades

shades Staff Alumni

We are still here if you are. Please see "Polars" response again! Nobody really knows what the point is...not the rich, not the poor...not the intellectuals, philosophers, the well educated or schoolchildren, not even the happy (who do question it) or the sad. I think you should stick around and gain some more life experience before taking the last step.

I'm 54 and have been trying to figure it out for much of my adult life. It's different for everybody.

If everyone who asked that question offed themselves in their 20's, there wouldn't be anybody here. I certainly do not think that "that is the point".

PM me anytime

13. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I totally know how you feel Mordeci. Sometimes i just feel too deep in the whole to try to change. The emptyness and loneliness, some people can handle but others just completely lose theirselves to it. I guess when you're lonely for so long, it becomes a lifestyle and it grows on you, and then you become defined by society as crazy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.