Whats the point?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fuxup, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuxup

fuxup New Member

I think about killing myself a lot lately. I'm not ready to do it yet. But i'm not sure i'm going to care when i do get to that point. Does anyone else here feel the same way I do?
    I'm starting my life over at the end of the year. I'm moving to colorado. I used to think everything would be better once I made the "big move" but now i think everything is going to be the same, just in a different location. I just don't know what to do anymore.
    When you hate your life is there any point to living it? When you hate your boyfriend you break up with him, when you hate food you don't eat it. Shouldn't life be the same?
  2. Mathale

Mathale Well-Known Member

The positive start, is your not in a bad state to do so, and we will try and keep it that way!

A new location can be the beginning of a 'new start' but you will need to change life style, get active, find the perfect job, find someone with similar interests, do something different to what youve already done in your previous home... it doesnt all happen with an automatic change, you just need to go out and do it. :D i hope you find the energy to do so. Will bring so many positives.

When you break up, it is horrible...but you learn to move on and find someone just as good if not better. When you hate food you dont eat it, but you shop and buy products that taste better...

you cant just 'bin' life... just find something better within it! :D i hope you do!

Hope things start looking better with the new change.

Keep in touch
  3. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Hey there, welcome to the forums first and foremost. I'm happy you found us today :biggrin:.

Yes, there are alot of people like you in this forum. Almost everyone actually. The desire to end our life and the strengh we have to fight it is what bounds us. And the covenant that we help and get help in this place, knowing that we don't judge is what keeps us strong. I hope you can find exactly what you need in this place.

It would be great if you could tell us alittle more about yourself, how's your life going? What makes you sad? The more you tells us, the more we can help. You should try keeping an open mind about you moving and starting over. If you think it won't work before you try, you're just shutting yourself from all hopes of sucess. Keep an open mind, that's the trick :)
  4. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Yes, that's pretty much how I feel, though perhaps I'm a bit further along that road than you are.

Dunno. It might be, it might not be. You won't know until you try, right?

Whether it should be the same or not, it isn't. As in, if one kind of food disgusts you, you can always try something else. If one relationship doesn't work out, you can always start another. But your life is not something you're going to be able to replace or find substitutes for. Or for that matter, open for reconsideration once ended, like you could with food or relationships.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.