What's the point?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Lostery, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostery

Lostery Guest

In anything?

Can anyone give me an answer that may change my view that there actually is no point at all?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Whats the point of what living The point is what you make it. I continue on so i can help my family others that is my point. it is what you chose it to be
  3. lostery

lostery Guest

no, thats not what i mean, but i dont know what i mean. i do worthwhile stuff with my life (I do an awful lot of charity work that does directly benefit others), but there still seems to be no point.

no point living, no point dying. no point this, that and the other.

someone said its because im really depressed, but i dont know.

just wondered if anyone had any words of insight, that was all.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Sorry I missed the point, now I am an old fart and still don't get it..
  5. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

this someone who told you this is because you feel depressed is correct in my view.
    you cant see "the point" because you arent able to see it in your current situation.
    emagine you would be a happy person with still many dreams and goals in life do you believe you would ask yourself the question "whats the point"?

these kind of questions start disapearing as soon as you start to feel a bit better

whats the point of me telling this? the point is there is no point but there doesnt need to be a point to make a point :unsure:
  6. People can be friends only if neither one tell other what is the point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.