What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People find meaning in their lives so they can enjoy the time they have between birth and death. But what if your only meaning was to die? Is there any purpose to staying alive if it seems that your fate is sealed? I don't know what to do anymore.

I've been dealing with these thoughts since I was 5 years old & it's too hard!
I feel like the world is one big lie, that everything is so superficial. No one wants to see the truth - we are merely biological breeding machines, & for what purpose? Nothing that we have created means anything. If it all disappeared the universe would stay the same, so why bother living? Why bother trying to evolve when an asteroid could hit us at any moment and kill every cell on the planet?

Dealing with the insignificance of one planets survival is comical, but dealing with the survival of one species, let alone one person, is torturous. You want to know why I wake up every morning? Why I don't just kill myself? I HAVE NO IDEA!

How shall I continue to live when it seems that, in the words of 'Seven of Nine', resistance is futile.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
such a negative outlook of live wow that brings only sadness. There is so much more to this life then darkness and despair Try volunteering to help others so their life here is not so painful. Yes well all leave eventually but what we do here in our time that is what is important Find something to give you life meaning Don't Waste it okay thinking about all the darkness do something for you for others and somehow get some therapy to change all this pessimistic view into a more optimistic one. Time is short here for some shorter it is what we do with that time that matters. just my thought though find a passion and go for it okay find that reason why you are here

I have tried many times to find things to give my life meaning, but nothing has helped. I've volunteered before at a cattery and even though I love animals, I can't seem to get out of my head that all I'm doing is filling time.
Maybe it was getting yelled at for years that destroyed my world view, or maybe all of the things I've experienced have made me lose faith in humanity. But as my username says, I feel like I was born dead. My earliest memory is of my dad beating up on my mother. At that age I was too young to walk as I remember laying on my stomach on a baby blanket. See? My life right from the beginning has just been a disaster, and I don't want to live in a disaster.

Forgotten_Man

I can agree with your grim outlook I really can. I do not even want to reproduce.

I try to find meaning in understanding everything. We are sentient and can see things differently. I went to an anime convention recently and attended a tea ceremony. During thyroid ceremony they talked about the philosophy of the various ceremonies. The over lying philosophy is not that you only have so much time to get perfect. You have your whole life to learn it.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00