whats the point

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by blindinglight, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blindinglight

blindinglight Account Closed

i dont understand the point of my life. i was a mistake. nobody in my family cares about me. my mom died during childbirth. my dads never home, and my older brother claims i ruined his life and i should just kill myself. so thats what i'm going to do. its not like anyone would care.

2. susdgs

susdgs Member

I care. I am sure the members here care.

Have you looked into a support group? Being in a group with people who feel the same is very helpful, if for no other reason, they know and understand how you feel.

You reached out here. That alone took a lot of courage! I care.

3. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Your brother gives really bad advice and about no one cares about you, I care and I betcha a lot of people of people on this forum care about your wellbeing.

4. ~Heather~

~Heather~ Well-Known Member

My family has used me as a scape goat in order to keep their horrible lives the same.

I guess my point is your worth is not measured by other people, but yourself. You should be satisfied with who you are as a person and not worry too much about what others, even your family think of you. If they don't love you unconditionally the way a family should then it isn't your fault.

Your brother is either a terrible person or said that out of frustration with himself so he blamed it on you. Either way don't listen to his idiotic opinions of you.

I care and view you as someone worthy of living happily :hugtackles:

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Nicole and welcome...how can someone as valuable as you 'ruined' someone's life...sound like your brother is using you to explain away his own problems...that must feel awful...and, no...you should not hurt yourself...you did nothing wrong...these are your family's problems...please continue to tell us what is going on for you...there are ppl here who truly care...big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.