What's the point?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sa m, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sa m

sa m New Member

I am 16 years old, i live in a loving home, i am athletic and talented in many different fields, i used to enjoy life and waking up in the morning thinking of what i would do that day.

But over a year ago i asked myself one question and it changed everything, whats the point? which of course led to more questions. whats the point of waking up in the morning? whats the point of impressing people? whats the point of having power? whats the point of anything?

After asking myself this i looked for an answer,to keep this short lets just say i looked everywhere for anything, and found... nothing. since then iv'e felt depressed, sad, confused,lonely and even angry.

iv'e never talked to anyone about this in fear that someone else would ask themselves that question and not have an answer and end up feeling the way i do, i just hope that doesn't happen. so this forum is my last effort.
  2. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

"What's the point"? Well it is different for everyone. For many it's friendship, family, wealth, greed, to be a good humanitarian, and for some the purpose (point) is one of faith in a higher power. The truth is no one purpose/point is universal for all. Purpose is a very personal decision.

Most of us here have been asking ourselves that question already, so I don't think you need to worry.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with Julia.. We have all been looking for answers.. Some we find and others are just out of reach.. As far as being lonely, you have just inherited a whole new family.. Feel free to talk or even vent when you are angry.. We have big shoulders and will listen to you..
  4. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed New Member

How can twenty-two years be enough to come to this point? I am wondering because I am twenty-two and I feel the same way. Sorry if this is off the main topic but I am replying to you. I work in a nursing home and I see people who are eighty and feel the same way as we do. Is twenty-two years enough to know what the rest of your life is going to be? is it enough to know what you'll be worth? I don't know. I feel like I've known since I was eleven where I would be, what I'd be worth. Wtf.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
  5. Passive

Passive Member

I feel the same way. I've been asking myself that question most of my life(I'm 20). No one ever seems to think about it. From what I've seen, the happiest people seem to have a simple answer(like helping people) and they just never think about it and just live in the moment.
  6. Huh

Huh New Member

i just joined thinking i want to talk about how i'm feeling, to understand why but do ya know.....what's the point ! i just don't get "it"
  7. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

It reminds me of something called the dark night of the soul. (if it doesn't upset you, there are some experts of it here)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.