What's the point?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by PleaseDontRemember, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PleaseDontRemember

PleaseDontRemember New Member

Nobody would care if I was gone.

I'm new here. Here's my story.

I'm 15. Cutting since 10, diagnosed mildly depressed at 12. No one really bothered to say anything about my cuts until 14. Even then, my mom considers them "scratches".

My whole bedsheet is covered in blood from cutting, and a pair of scissors lie by my bed. Yet no one cares. Why? I can tell people I want to be dead all I want....No one cares. No one believes me.

That's my motive for doing it, to prove to everyone that I really am depressed. That I really can't stand the way my life is. Single mom, broke as hell because she decides to smoke over everything, A sister who has ruined my whole life, a dad who doesn't care. He's hit me, my mom encouraged him to. I had bruises on my face. I told my boyfriend why...He didn't care. No one did.

My sister has always been my main issue. She's 18. The sun revolves around her. If she so much as says she hates life, Everyone turns around and changes their lives to make her feel better. She graduated because of an IEP, she never went to school. maybe 50 days the whole year. If I miss a day, hell to pay. I've had a steady job for a year, not her. Yet, she's the most important. She abuses me. Hits me, beats me, emotionally and physically. And no one cares.

I feel lonely, and useless. What will it take for people to realize they need to stop? Life isn't worth it. It's not. I'm done. This is my last resort. I need help, and I need somebody to see it and finally believe me that I'm not right and I need help.

2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Well, I would care if you were gone.

I'm sorry that you're in such pain, apparently indicating you need help but are getting no support. I don't have a lot of sugestions (I'm sure one of the more experienced members can add much) but maybe start by approaching a mental health group in your area, I'm thinking NAMI. You may have to be your own advocate.

If worse comes to worse, you could possibly visit a hospital emergency, they're used to cutting, and may be able to refer you to a mental health professional or organization. That option may involve admission to a therapy ward, I've been twice, it's not as bad as it sounds and after THAT, I was referred to some mental health assistance.

Please keep coming around and posting, it seems like you have a lot to offer.

3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Hello, I hope things were better for you today. Some of the members here have advised me to be kind to myself for today. That may be a good practice for you.

You sound like an interesting person, one who could benefit from spending time here, soaking up some experience and knowledge, then passing it on to someone else in need.

You do have value, and you are appreciated.

I care

4. PleaseDontRemember

PleaseDontRemember New Member

Today hasn't been much better than any others. I started cutting myself again after maybe a week or two of not. I can't take much more, and I honestly have nothing else to live for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.