what's the point?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by IAmTheAllOfMe, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheAllOfMe

IAmTheAllOfMe Member

i am having trouble figuring out the point of me living. i know you can list off all of these cliche reasons of why "every human is special and ment for a certain purpose", but i really am wondering: would it REALLY matter if i was no longer hear? i know people would miss me at first, but then everyone would soon forget. We all die anyways, so wouldn't it just be easier if i ended it now before something awful happens? im quite nervous for my future and im unsure of whether i should continue my life or not at this point. i would love to hear your opinion, who ever is reading.
  2. lexi0

lexi0 New Member

i feel the same. i ask myself what is my point of being here because we didn't ask to be here... but may i ask is there a background to why you feel this way?
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Meg. Glad that you found this website. I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I do know how it feels to think this way. To want to end it because the pain and projected future looks so hopeless. To want put myself out of inevitable pain. Thing is, I do not really think we know the future. Even if we think we do. Most important, family does not get over loosing people as easily as you think. for a parent, it is a lifetime of pain. A hole that never heals. Same can be for a surviving sibling. And of course the child of a parent who takes their life. The survivors are left with more pain than the person who has taken their life could have imagined.

As for the pain and hoplesness, I wish I knew the formula to lessen that. I can suggest meds. Or a change or increase in meds, if you are already on them. Sometimes that helps tremendously. My cousin told me that she knows that some meds are sometimes not healthy to take. But she would rather live a shorter life and have it be better quality. So she is grateful for her happy pills. And they DO help. I so agree with her. I know someone else who walked around in agony of anxiety for a couple of years resisting taking the meds his psychiatrist recommended. Finally he stopped the resistance and took the combo that the pdoc was recommending. The anxiety and panic stopped and he began to be able to resume life. So I am a proponant of medications to make the quality of life better.

I wish I had more suggestions. Please know above all, that this is a great community. And when you are here, you are not alone.
  4. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Your confusion seems quite normal. Of course you know I'd say don't end your life because there's many things you can do. The future is always a blur at times and I can relate to that. Because I don't know what my future is... I don't know if I should join the military or not or just stay where I'm at. I relate to pain and loneliness because I've felt alone and I've been in pain for a long while because of my mothers suicide. I don't want you to think that suicide is the only path that you have to choose. I'm sorry that you feel like you should end your life because it's the easy way out. I don't think I'm the best one to really give out more suggestions - Flowers gave out good suggestions that I think you should do... But in the end everything boils down to what you decide to do. I hope you continue to share your thoughts with us because this community is great and we do listen to you. Remember you are not alone and I'm here if you need someone to talk to. :hug:

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yes it would matter...even if it does sound cliche, I believe everyone is here for a reason. We might not all know what that reason is, but it's up to us to find out. I don't think people would forget about you if you died. People will remember and miss you and still wish you were here. It's true that we die eventually but it seems better to just live your life and see what it brings.
  6. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Christy is right on all areas. I don't think your reason for being here is cliche or having no merit because you've came here for a purpose like everyone else. Of course everyone's reasons for being here are different because no one is the same. We all die at a certain point because that's nature running it's course when we get old and finally our heart gives out in our sleep. I don't think you should give in because there's people here that care about you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.