What's The Temperature?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by WildCherry, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

The next few days are going to be some of the coldest in 20 years, at least where I live. That got me wondering what the temperature, and the weather in general, is like where everyone else lives. Here in Pennsylvania, it's COLD... 6 degrees at the moment, headed down to 8 below tonight.
  2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

let's take a look at the local forecast page...

It is currently -11 Celsius (12 Fahrenheit). Tomorrow is expected to be clear skies with a high of +5 C (41 F). That is fairly warm for this time of year here.

edit---- i am in western Canada east of the rocky mountains.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's -9 and the wind chill is -25. What's weird is that I'm pretty warm right now. Going to be about -23 tonight.
  4. jms

jms Banned Member

You're all going to be envious..it's been high 60's to low 70's during the day and mid 50's at night here in Nevada.
  5. Raven

Raven Guest

30 and then into the 60's \0/
  6. -11 Celsius

stay warm!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
  7. among the stars

among the stars Well-Known Member

its 15F and windchill of 7 ... warming than it has been the past 8 nights
  8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

not bad at all tonight. Its 8 degrees right now. They say it will be down to 2 below tonight. The winds have been strong making wind chills a bit challenging.

Wildcherry I think it is amazing that where you are in PA is colder than where I live in Northern VT.
    I have been hearing that alaska has been having warmer than normal temps this winter. Certainly warmer than the places in the US being effected by the polar vortex.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
  9. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

-24c right now, which is not too bad because yesterday it was -35c so...it's going to get a bit warmer in the next few days here, finally!! we had at least three weeks of cold weather going below -25c during the day and -35 during the night...can't wait for spring and summer...
  10. Arun

Arun Well-Known Member

wow i definitely feel the odd one out here - it was 28c today (82.4 f). Hope you all can stay warm! I can't even imagine it being -35c....
  11. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

it is -12f this morning (that is -24c ) on thermometer here at home. With wind. I hate winter lol
  12. mbczion

mbczion Well-Known Member

Nothing special here in the Middle East. It is in the high single digits to teens (Celcius) with partly overcast and drizzles here and there. I think we paid our dues with winter weather back in December when we were buried in half a meter of snow :)
  13. WildCherry

It fascinates me to read different temperatures from around the world. I don't remember it ever being this cold here for so long. The last time it was this cold (a few weeks ago), it said on the news that it was warmer in both Alaska and Antarctica, than it was here.

At the moment, it's -1 degree. I've just come in from taking my dog out, and my hands were so cold I had to wait a minute before I could type this!

I used to like winter, but I'm rethinking that at the moment.
  14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Really too darn cold for most of you..and for too long!! Hope you catch a break from this deep freeze soon...
  15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

If I have calculated correctly, with wind chill it's -29°C here, which is -20.2°F. Thinking of ordering a polar bear to keep Star company. :)
  16. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I bet a polar bear would make a great watchdog as well :rofl:
  17. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

6C according to the temperature gauge on my car.
  18. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Perhaps a bit during the winter, sure. But I know what summer is like in Nevada and am definitely not envious of that. Call it even. :D
  19. WildCherry

Heat wave tomorrow... high of 13F!
  20. jms

jms Banned Member

Yes, the summers are terrible, but it's still cool at night! And im from Texas so the heat, I can deal with. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.