whats the use?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DarkLordVader, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordVader

DarkLordVader Well-Known Member

so i go see this new doctor and tell him what is going on, he decides to give me something for my depression, but GUESS WHAT? the pharmacy said they cant give it to me, something about some other authorization. what is that? so why am i wasting my time trying to get better when society just wants me to suffer and die. nice world we live in, no wonder i want to off myself. cant i just fall asleep and never wake up please?

2. fallingawayfromME

fallingawayfromME Well-Known Member

Carbie i understand your frustration. Its happened to me before but know that if no one else says it I dont want you to die. See if you can find out exactly whats going on with the authorization and why you cant get it. Maybe talking to your doc would help. When I had a problem getting my meds my doc helped to get them. Maybe the doc can give you samples or get them for you. Dont give up. There are other ways around this.

3. DarkLordVader

nobody else has bothered to say it, its like i come here and my posts are ignored, what is the purpose?

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Carbie, don't give up. For the record, I don't want you to die, either.

I don't know where you live, so can't tell you for sure about this. Where I live, there are some drugs that need an additional authorization number from the doctor - and doctors don't know always know what drugs are on the government's list of those drugs that need the additional number. Perhaps you could go back to the pharmacy and ask them, "How can I get this authorization?" And yes, it's a hassle, and no, it shouldn't have happened in the first place in an ideal world. But here you are with that situation, and it might help to get that prescription filled sooner rather than later, sweetie. So ask at the pharmacy, and if they can't tell you, call the doc's office and be very firm in telling them you're getting a run-around at the pharmacy, "What do I do NOW?"

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Unfortunately, there is much caution in the dispensing of medications due to such a high level of abuse that people who need medication have to pay for with situations such as this. It's the same as anything else. Those who abuse things result for the rest of us to suffer. Why not just call the doctor's office and let them know what is going on and ask them to clarify and rectify the situation so that you can pick up your prescription?

(some scripts can be called in while others, depending upon the type of medication, require written authorization)

6. fallingawayfromME

Carbie ask your doc if he/she can get you samples until you can get it from the pharmacy. Thats what I had to do until I could get mine. Its possible. Like I said there are ways around this.

7. DarkLordVader

well i was told today that the insurance company wants me to try different medications? what the hell is that? its called step treatment or something? jesus, since when do they dictate what the doctor gives me?

8. fallingawayfromME

Thats a new one to me. Did you talk to the doc about this? Ive never heard of an insurance company dictating what meds you can and cannot get. I thought it was about them just making sure you CAN get your meds. You need to call your doc ASAP. Especially if youre in crisis.

9. DarkLordVader

i did call my doctor, they are the ones who told me this, so now i get to wait around and see what happens. real nice society we have here, no wonder i want to blow my head off

10. Tired John

Tired John Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, with corporations dictating to our government what to do, this is what you get. Bookkeepers making medical treatment decisions. you are a drain on their profit margin, not a person with needs. Just one of the many realizations I've come to see.

11. fallingawayfromME

Carbie dont give up. Im not sure where you live or what insurance you have but this is just a set back. Do you have an employee assistance program? Sometimes going through them helps as well. Ive found my EAP to be very helpful.

12. fallingawayfromME

If you feel that there is no other way and you still feel suicidal, go to the ER. You will get what you need there to help you. If you have to get someone to take you call the paramedics. Dont give up.

13. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

I don't want you to die either. I understand your frustration

14. DarkLordVader

i have decided to help myself by doing the proper healthy things i need to improve. i know of some natural herbs that can help treat depression and i will try that. also i will be exercising and eating better, when i was doing that before i felt better, maybe not great but i was better without help from a bullshit doctor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.