what's the use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for the last 4-5 years. It all started with a divorce, bankruptcy and losing my job.
I do see a therapist and a Dr for meds and counseling. Nothing really seems to work. I am not a young man with a lot of future in front of me. I am over 50. Everyday just at seems to be another day, same crap! I am getting tired of the constant feeling of hopelessness and despair.
I moved in with my elderly parents about 2 years ago due to lack of finances. That doesn't help my self esteem and pride much either. I think people are tired of hearing me complain. It is hard for them to understand what I am dealing with and how depressed I am. Anyway, I could sure use some ideas and help.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello there,

Are you still currently seeing a doctor for your depression? Have you tried different medications? Different types pf therapy?

I am only in my twenties but I know what it is like to have to stay and live with your family. Every day is no different to the last and people judge you for still living at home. Those type of people that would judge you, you don't need them in your life anyway.

I am glad you posted here and let your feelings out, it is good for your well being :)

Have you tried group therapy? I was relieved the first time I was in a group with 6+ other people dealing with depression and anxiety. No one understands quite like someone who has experienced it.

I've moved back with my folks, so I empathize on that front. You may think that people are tired of hearing about your troubles, but relationships are two way streets. Someone has to tell you that you are overwhelming them. It's not your responsibility to hold back in order to protect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00