What's the weirdest compliment you have ever received?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by skyisburning, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

I thought of this earlier because not that long ago, I had someone tell me a compliment that was strange, but still...I'll take it! So, I thought I'd ask you guys what the weirdest compliments are that you have ever received?

And please, try to stay positive...I thought this could be a fun thread idea!

I'll go first...I have two:

1. A woman once told me that I had a very symmetrical and proportionate face....? Which is nice but strange...

2. (my favorite one) I've had a lot of people tell me they love how I say the word 'fuck' for some reason. Apparently there is a twang with the letter 'u'....I don't know, but I thought it was funny. :biggrin:

How about you?!
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

lol~ what a fun thread!

Once at a convention, these drunk guys told me: "You're just swell! Has anyone ever told you that you've got a tiny nose?"
    haha- wtf?!

At a shoe store once, when I was trying on sandals; the sales lady told me that I had pretty feet.
    I didn't know feet could be pretty... personally- I don't like feet at all >< they kinda gross me out XD
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

"Did you cheat on this lab?" because I'd done it so quickly and accurately XD
  4. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

One time I had a girl tell me that my *cough* tasted like cherry...

5. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know if this counts as a compliment...

But me and my mom were eating breakfast at our favorite bakery a little over a year ago, and this guy who was about 60 came up to our table. We stopped talking, and looked at him.

He told me that he was a psychic, but had never randomly come up to someone to tell them what came into his mind about them. Also, that my name would be known for 1000 years...it was freaking WEIRD.

6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

"Your eyebrows are perfect for your face shape"
    - a butcher in Italy. Wtf
  7. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

"you have gorilla arms"

"you have a funky spin"
    me" thats cause my arms messed up and it doesn't end straight"
    ~both at a softball pitching camp
  8. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

My dad when I was in my early 20s:

"Don't be ashamed of your boobs like your mother was. She had bigger nipples and I thought they were really sexy."

He was trying to be nice and appease my body issues but.. WTF DAD?!?! heh
  9. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Wanna go out sometime?
  10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Oh my god. AWKWARD
  11. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

My high school sweetheart said I was just like a guy only with tits...he meant it as a compliment and I took it as such.
    I was a real tom boy back then.
  12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

When I was in college, I moved SOOO many times!! Once when I was about to move, I called the phone company to transfer my service, and I'd also found out they would send out telephone bills in Braille. When I asked for information on how to get put on the mailing list, the guy told me I didn't sound blind. WTF, Lol! How does someone SOUND blind?
  13. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

One girl was obsessed with the size of my hands >.<

and another girl said I had a phone sex voice xD

no idea how I was supposed to take either.......
  14. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

being told i look like someone who belongs in a movie or being asked to model by a co worker
  15. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

I was told by a woman waiting in line at a grocery store that I had a "very open face" and I still don't know what it means.
  16. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Being told I speak in such a "pleasant and melodic" way. Melodic... :blink:?
  17. stevs2

stevs2 Active Member

Last week a woman at work told me I had the highest adorability factor in the office. Is there such a word? I'm 47 for goodness sake, being adorable isn't exactly what I aim for.
  18. Infinite Sadness

...Yeah t'was awkward alright.
  19. Infinite Sadness

Did the woman appear very hungry?
    Maybe she was preoccupied thinking of open-faced sandwiches... :wink:

I have heard "honest face" and .."open and honest"..but not open face..lol
  20. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i wqas told i look limke James Murdoch (im 99% sure i dont tho).

i think it was aimee whoi said it to me but then again im not sure anymore coz im not sure how she would have known what James Murdoch llooks like in the first place unless i showed her a pic i guess.

anyway, thats aweird compliement but the greatest one ive got anwya.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.