What's worse than being a veteran considering suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by gxblu44, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gxblu44

gxblu44 Member

Nothing. <mod edit>

Nobody will give a shit about one less man on the planet.

Especially a veteran.
    Seriously. Nobody wants you. You're a piece of shit in a toilet bowl.

<mod edit >.

You know sleep is the best part of your life anyway.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Why would you say those things hun A VETERAN is someone that has served their country all of you deserve respect and compassion and appreciation
  3. listless

listless Banned Member

The trouble is that I don't think the US does a good enough job to take care of the vets. Also there aren't many job opportunities for vets-so that is a problem no doubt.

But believe me, its possible to be in a worse situation than that. You could have mental/physical illnesses, be living on the streets and so on. That's my own personal redline, so if things got bad enough, I'm heading for the exit.

I can't give you much positive advice since I don't really care much about living myself-all the good things I've had are pretty much gone. Now I'm just dragging myself through life, hoping it'll improve and that I'll attain the things I wanted before I finally leave this planet for good.

But you're right about sleep-the dreamless kind. I know that's what death would feel like, you don't even know you exist until you wake up. I look forward to that one day. Better to be 'nothing' than to live a life you despise.
  4. RESTurtles

RESTurtles Well-Known Member

First post in awhile, but hopefully it helps you as much as you have helped us over the years serving the states. You may not think about it, or you may think about it alot, but you and other VETs/soldiers saved alot of people, one way or another. The US doesnt give soldiers enough credit as they should, even back then, you get a little discount (at a few stores or maybe more) for all the hard work you and others have done. I have a very close friend, more like part of the family that is a VET, and I told him the same thing, people need to appreciate all the soldiers more, a simple handshake and a "Thank you for serving" will lighten anyones day.

I will be honest, I dont know what your going through, most of us probably wont know, but we will try to help as much as we can. If you need to talk about anything, I am here to help the best I can.

Just to let you know, I'm going through something similar, with my own problems, so I can relate alittle.

Stay safe, and take care.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

People do care, even though I know it may not seem like it sometimes. And as someone already said, unfortunately, the US doesn't seem to really treat its veterans well... and that's sad, because you and all the others gave so much of yourselves to fight for us. You deserve to be treated so much better. Here if there's anything I can do, or if you just feel like talking. I do care, and others here will too.
  6. get me out

get me out Active Member

I'm also a vet though I didn't serve long. Please hang in there I'd hate to see u die. :(

*hug* I'm sorry its so hard right now :(
  7. dannyboy86

dannyboy86 Active Member

Dude i am soooo sorry. But i feel like veterans rock. I dont think they are shit. It makes me sad because i meet so many that are homeless because they have witnessed the devistation and tragedy that is War. I have been friends with many veterans and let me tell you we need you. I need you. I love meeting people like you. Please give me a PM because I care. I care what you have done for our country. And I cannot understand completely, because I have never had to take a human life or witness death first-hand, I can do my best to listen-- and care.
    Love from Dan
  8. meme333

meme333 Well-Known Member

I am not sure what the veteran part has to do with it. I mean I don't understand why this is a factor? Do you feel you aren't appreciated as a vet? You deserve to be here You deserve to be appreciated for what you have done for your country and to have supports to deal with what you have been through.
    I hope you are doing okay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.