What's worse than suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by northface35, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northface35

northface35 Guest

Becoming a self-destructive person is perhaps what causes symptoms of suicide, then ultimately, the demise of life. Recently, I noticed exactly how self-destructive I am; I'm afraid to say it, but I'm a lot worse than I thought. I'm afraid of the future--afraid of my very next action.

I can't let this occur; I can't let it deteriorate any longer.

My existence is merely a bane to itself.
  2. perfectempire

perfectempire Active Member

What's worse than suicide? Concentration camp; torture; war; intense, inescapable pain.
  3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Just a couple weeks ago I was afraid to have myself mold itself into something new. I argued that if Hamlet wasn't killed by the end of the play, then Fortinbras would have no choice but to kill him. And before that, what would he do? Become King after the court witnessed the crime?

We also don't see what happens to Hamlet's name. Maybe people assume he was on Fortinbras' side all along. As such, he may have been tarnished as a betrayer.

The new Charlie Kaufman movie reinforced my negative world view, but it convincingly argued the importance of experiencing it to the natural end. If only for those that observe us.
  4. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

This is a good place to find support, but a real live person (preferably a therapist) can help you more. Find a good one and regain your life.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

worse than suicide-being in jail.
  6. Mainax

Mainax Active Member

an inescapable prison of the mind where everyday is reset at the end of it, and death only resets it to. Like groundhog day. That to me would be the ultimate torture
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Northface,
    I have been down the self destruction path. That didn't get me anything. I think the one thing that bothers me the most is being alone all these years. Problem being I won't let anyone in. I have opened up alot here on the forum!!Now if you get me on the outside You won't get jack shit out of me. I just don't do well with others and that includes my family. I just don't open up to anyone other than my therapist. Hope this helps!!~Joseph~
  8. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

what I have done to myself
  9. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Michael Bay
  10. Rangoon

Rangoon Active Member

Wastedmylife you just hit the nail on the head. Knowing that I'm in this situation because of what I did, nobody else but me.
  11. Lennie

Lennie Well-Known Member

What's worse than suicide? A failed suicide I would say. After all the planning and things I've had to do, it would be too heart breaking not to have an end product.
  12. jam1e

jam1e Guest

13. music_junkie

music_junkie Well-Known Member

simply surviving for the duration of a lifetime, without truly living... existing for the sake of existence, without any of the subtle nuances that make life... well, alive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.