whats wrong with him?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by grinded serenity, Jul 9, 2009.

1. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

im at my grandparents right now (in a library at the present moment)

my grandfather just refuses to take his medication so hes now dying slowly basically. i love the guy, hes a great man, but why is he making this so difficult on his family? we all love him and want him around, but he just doesnt take all the meds. he can barely walk now (because he doesnt take his meds) and it takes him hours to eat dinner (literally)

i guess why this bothers me so much is because if i dont do something, im just going to end up like him..

just another reason to end it i guess, i dont want to be like that when i grow up, i just DONT.

2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey hun :hug: i'm sorry your grandfather is refusing to help himself, but have you considered that maybe he just doesn't want to go on if he has to live on medication his whole life - it can make life feel like a bit of a chore sometimes. can you talk to him? let him see that you'd rather him take it and live that much longer..? :smile:
    whatever your grandfather does shouldn't determine what you do hun, i know it's hard to lose family members but it is inevitable at some point so you just have to try and be strong for the rest of your family :arms: i hope everything goes okay hun
    thinking of you :heart: triggs xx

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Talk to your grandfather and see why he doesn't want to take his meds, There may be an underlying reason. When my grandpa started doing something similar we found out that he had become allergic to the meds and they made him feel worse in other areas while they did help the thing they were prescribed for. And why would you end up just like him? You are different people with different makeups. Even if you have the same issues, medical advancements are happening constantly. Support him and love him. No one is guaranteed tomorrow, even if they are doing everything they should. :hug:

4. Jemi200

Jemi200 Well-Known Member

He wants to go out on his own. Try to give him a reason to live longer.