What's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Funkmonk, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funkmonk

Funkmonk Active Member

Recently I have tried to kill myself 4 times with 3 failed overdoses. I slit my wrist which ended up with a trip to the hospital & a chat with someone from the psychiatric hospital. I avoid giving him much details about why I did it & the bad thoughts so i didn't have to stay in the hospital over night or longer. I know I should be truthful & not lie or I won't get the help I need.

I'm not hearing voices but I'm having bad thoughts of suicide & other things, I called the thoughts in my head Carl I speak to myself a lot even having arguments & shouting shut up Carl.

What's wrong with me??
  2. Merlot

Merlot Member

I am not sure how to respond to your question, I believe the best person to speak to is a therapist. I can assure you though, that you're not the only person asking the same question.
  3. NotoriousLoveDeath

NotoriousLoveDeath New Member

i just rescently did the same thing, and then i had a revelation, only the best are suicidal ...i still hear the voices , but i know its for the best. try suicide anoymous, its helped me alot
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

HONESTY is the best policy to get the help you really need. Talk to a Therapist and explain what happened or if you feel like going back to the hospital and admit yourself voluntarily and explain what happened.
  5. Funkmonk

Funkmonk Active Member

Thanks. Went to the doctor she is referring me back to my therpist & I'm now on Sertraline.
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Hope the med helps through the Therapist appointment. Good luck.
  7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry that you have through such a horrible experience. It's not nice but there is nothing wrong but what you require is support and compassion through this tough time. I know you are suffering and I hope you meds work. Please do not think you are suffering alone as everyone here understands what you are going through.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.