What's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by just_me_again, Sep 20, 2015.

1. just_me_again

just_me_again Active Member

So in college, I have a new awareness. Guys like me. They're so overt about it that I can't pass it off as friendship and people are very direct in college. It freaks me out so I shut them down one by one. I don't want to be alone forever, I just don't know how to deal with it. I liked it better when all of my friends were girls. There was much less drama, stereotypes be damned. I think I've made maybe one new guy friend that isn't gay and isn't into me or at least pretending to be into me. I've gotten pretty mean about it too, even though I don't mean to.

In theory, the prospect of a relationship sounds nice but I'm a wreck with a lot of baggage and I don't want to risk getting attached to someone that figures out he doesn't want to sort through it. The prospect of sex sounds great but it sends me into a panic at the same time. So I've decided to continue along the path of celibacy but others aren't getting the memo as quickly as in high school. I don't want to lose control. I don't want to be the person more emotionally invested because I've had my heart ripped out and stomped on by my parents enough to let someone else do it.

Maybe I'll fall in love but it's not going to happen now. I don't think so anyway. People don't plan for these things, do they?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are right to take things at your pace if the prospect of getting into a relationship scares you then don't do that just talk and be friends with people hang out as a crownd not just with one don't have to isolate ok that is not going to help you

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

When it is the right time and the right person you will not shut them down, until then it will not work. Far better to do as you are doing then "pretend" because it seems like people think you should. Do what you think you should do when it comes to relationships.