• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Whats wrong with me

I just want my life to be over i just want to disappear forever. Im just a burden and a disappointment to my parents,fiance and my daughter. Everyone would just be better off without me. I know i shouldnt feel this way im already on postpartum medication but it seems like nothings working

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
welcome to SF we are a peer community that cares but never judges. please look around the forums and post when you feel comfortable or go to our chat section if you prefer real time.

post partem depression can be a major issue in some cases. talk with your doctor and be honest and tell your doctor that the medication isn't working. obviously your fiance loves you and your daughter loves you unconditionally at this point and she needs you. this will be the best part of your life after you get over ths. i hope you can get the help you need to get over this and be happy again. remember suicide is never the answer. your fiance and daughter would be devastated as well as any family or friends. i wish you all the best..mike...*hug*shake

Hi. Welcome to the forums @Newmama2020. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.

I'm presuming you're experiencing post-partum depression. It's great that you've tried to find help and you are currently taking medication, although I'm sorry it doesn't seem to be working for you. As Mike said above me, sometimes medication for depression can take some tweaking or changing for it to work best for you. I would recommend you contact your doctor again, and explain what's going on.

I'm sorry that you feel like a burden. You certainly aren't. Sometimes, when we are depressed, we can tell ourselves thing that aren't true. I'm sure your fiance and your daughter love you more than you know, and you aren't a burden to them.

I hope you can feel better soon. Stay safe. Sending hugs *brohug.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hello and welcome to SF. I'm so sorry you're feeling terrible right now. Being a new mom is "supposed" be a perfect time so when you don't feel like you're fitting into that role you feel like you are doing something "wrong" or whatever. You have to try hard to remember that this is chemicals in your brain that have made you feel this way, you know? Everything really goes a bit wonky (in life, but esp during a pregnancy) and it sometimes really makes people feel like they're not needed or everyone would be better off without then, etc.
I hope you keep getting help and taking medication for this - alongside receiving support here and with your family.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$255.00