Whats wrong with me?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by HiddenMask, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiddenMask

HiddenMask Member

I have a backlog of work that needs doing and its not hard but quite easy if i put my mind too it. I understand why i need to do it and i understand what will happen if i dont do it. I want to do it but i just cant move and go do it. I just sit there and do nothing and make things worse and worse and worse. Its like i have no control anymore and i have given up before i have even tried. I am just lazy? or what?
  2. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

To be honest it's a difficult question to answer, but I doubt that it's because you're lazy.
  3. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I used to have the same problem...I'd have a load of work to do, but I'd just sit there and do nothing as if I'd lost the will to live, although at the time I just put it down to exam stress, which I know now it wasn't...and I don't think it's laziness either...sometimes it wasn't as bad...sometimes it was just a matter of pushing myself and forcing myself to do it, and then once I started it got easier...but again, I don't think it's laziness, no, that's just an excuse parents use...they seem to think everything's an excuse for laziness these days.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Many of us procrastinate when we feel overwhelmed...maybe dividing what you have to do into smaller tasks will allow you to feel you can get through them...just my 2 sense...J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.