Whats wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Rayne, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

I got asked out today.
    I should be happy. I've liked him for a long time.. But I feel worse than when I thought I didn't stand a chance.

Instead, all I can think about is our eventual break-up. Why do I always think about the end of a relationship before its even begun? That can't be good for either of us.. When he texts me, I'm reading into every tiny little thing, taking it way to personally. I'm trying to be calm and laid back about the whole thing, I don't want to be an obsessive girlfriend but I don't know.. I can't help but think he doesn't really like me, for some reason. I hope I'm just being paranoid. :sad:
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

This is like the biggest topic in my therapy. My therapist is currently trying to beat into my head the idea that everything comes to an end but I have to do it anyway. Having my heart broken by one girl was quite enough, really... But then I'd really, really like to kiss that girl across the hall... It's a tough choice. It really, really is.

As an aside, she's got a boyfriend, but my therapist assures me that, just like everything else, that will end. I'm not entirely sure what to do, so I'm just discreetly showing off.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  3. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

:hug: Sorry to hear that, but I'm sort of glad I'm not the only one. I guess I am just really scared of getting my heart broken.

Then again, I don't think that any of my friends really like me either. I'm just constantly thinking that everyone is just "pretending". The only person in my life that I think might actually care about me is my brother.. :blink:
  4. One Dagger

One Dagger Member

Im currently with someone i truely feel id love to be with for the rest of my life.. and thats saying a lot at 20..
    I also know if it ends it will be terrible, but i also know that if i dont try everything in my power to make it work then i will forever hate myself. I do fear us breaking up as he is the only thing in my life keeping me here..

I dont know what your other circumstances are like but all i can think to say is try to just take things he may say .. as they are. Not to look into them or second guess any hints etc.
    I always used to feel as though i wasn't good enough for a few of the guys i saw and it drove me mad, but in the end they turned out to be totally wrong for me and i feel better by knowing i was wrong to assume i was not good enough.
  5. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

I'm exactly the same. I am super paranoid about everything, like when a guy asks me out i think he's just he's just messing around and doesn't really like me or whatever, even when i know that's not true =/ - low self-esteem i guess

Argh there's this guy i like, but i have no clue as to wether he actually likes me or not, like last night when we were together he acted like he really liked me, but i know he likes this other girl who he's liked for ages and also sometimes he doesn't speak to me that much or anything like he doesn't like me so it's really confusing...and if he told me he did like me i'd think he wasn't being serious...i am so paranoid :(
  6. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

You sure have one fucktard therapist. :dry:
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I think her approach is much better than the alternative, "She'll probably marry him. Find another girl."
  8. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

If she already has a boyfriend the right thing is to stay away from her instead of following this disgustingly cynical viewpoint.

Anyway, this is not what the thread was for... my apologies to the original poster.
  9. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

No problem at all :smile:
    I agree, though. That seems poor advice..

Thank you all for your input :smile: