What's wrong with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been feeling suicidal for some time now, I haven't told anyone cos there's no-one really I can tell. I've been struggling with these feelings for a long but just the other week my girlfriend ended our relationship and now they're back stronger than ever. I shouldn't be feeling like this though cos my life in all honesty isn't that bad, in fact just the other week I got my GCSE grades (they weren't great but they weren't bad either) and I thought they might stop these feelings... but no such luck. If you've took the time to read this thanks and if you could give any advice, it would be much appreciated.

L

LtRoarke

Sometimes people get depressed and suicidal because of a hormonal imballance. Medication can usually fix that. Stress also plays a big part, especially when school and relationships are involved. Being young is no peice of cake...and it definately causes us to feel some strange emotions that can uspet us in ways we never thought possible.

First of all welcome to the forums!, hope to see you around

depression, leads to suicidal thoughts, but depression can be caused by anything and in many cases their is no reason for it. To be honest my life isn't that bad either but i feel this why and i dont have a real reason to be like this, but because depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain so nothing has to cause that to happen.

As for advice i would suggest going to you GP and telling them how you feel, then they can arrange proper help if you feel you need it, it may seem a scary thought but iv did this, and im now seeing a psychiatrist about being put on meds etc. but if you want help then see your GP

Take care

vikki x

Neil 89 said:
I've been feeling suicidal for some time now, I haven't told anyone cos there's no-one really I can tell. I've been struggling with these feelings for a long but just the other week my girlfriend ended our relationship and now they're back stronger than ever. I shouldn't be feeling like this though cos my life in all honesty isn't that bad, in fact just the other week I got my GCSE grades (they weren't great but they weren't bad either) and I thought they might stop these feelings... but no such luck. If you've took the time to read this thanks and if you could give any advice, it would be much appreciated.
Hi Neil, and welcome to SF :)

I joined this site due to the fact I was suicidal over the breakup of my girlfriend.
I believe the time after any breakup is hard.
I know this may not sound helpful now, but see if things improve over time - your feelings may change over the course of a few weeks and months.

I also had my GCSE grades the other week too :) maybe the suicidal feelings you are feeling were compounded because of the added stress of the results coming out?
I know I and my friends were certainly nervous for a good week before they came out!

You say that you shouldn't feel suicidal because your life honestly isn't that bad. I don't think it's right to say that we should or should not be suicidal, or depressed, just because we don't feel we should be, or our life situation warrants it. I believe that everyone has the right to feel every emotion, no matter what their situation is like.

You say you haven't talked to anyone about it .... it's good that you came here, and looked for support :)
Maybe you could go to your doctor, and explain how you're feeling? They keep all things confidential just between you and them.
I know that going and talking to my doctor certainly helped me.
Maybe you could confide in someone whom you have complete trust in, about how you feel? A friend, adult, teacher, doctor?

I'm sorry if I haven't been much help here, but know that we here, care about you.

Take care for now, Neil.

Joe

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi Neil and welcome to SF, well done in your GCSE's :wtg:
I am sorry that you are feeling so bad Neil, unfortunately there are no rules in depression, just because things seem to be going ok for you doesn't make you exempt... how do you get on with your parents, could you talk to one of them or perhaps another relative?
What about you family doctor, as you are 16 you could make an appointment and go to see him/her in confidence.
I hope that you will find help and support here at SF.

Take Care
Hazel x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00