whats your definition of depression?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by DreamReaver, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

how would you define your depression?

my definition:

Depression: created when you want something so desperately but knowing it will never happen.

2. Daydreams

Daydreams Well-Known Member

When you cannot justify your existance to yourself; when you fail to see the point of living. To me anyway...

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Depression: Feeling hopeless, inadequate, despondant and dejected. Not knowing how to live this life, in this world.

I almost thinking saying depression is 'created' when you want something you know you will never have is so patronising. What about people who are depressed but they don't know why they are depressed. i.e. chemical imbalance, mental illness.

4. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

SuicideIsTheWrongOption Well-Known Member

What's the point in defining it? In the end it sucks all the same.

I can't say about mine though, there are too many reasons and at the same time i don't know what those are.

Although i don't think it's patronizing to say that depression is when you can't get something you want.

All i want is to be happy and i never seem to get it ;) fits their definition pretty well.

5. gogoejoe

gogoejoe New Member

hi there...

There are many signs of depression and I have written an article about it and hope that will help you. Sadness is usually a rather temporary state and is not accompanied by the sense of hopelessness and uselesness which is often the hallmark of depression.

6. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

depression = consistant unhappiness! Plain and simple

7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Depression is like living in a whole other dimension.

8. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Member

When you're bored with life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.