what's your definition of love

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by closertolove, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. closertolove

closertolove Well-Known Member

i once read this poll taken of people ranging from little kids age 4 or so to old people age 99, and i really enjoyed reading their answers. i dont remember exact things, but they were adorable. one was something like "love is wearing the same color every day because it makes your eyes sparkle"
    another was like "love is buttoning your husbands shirt when he cant. my grandma does that every day for my grandpa; i want that"

i thought it might be cool to try something like that here

2. kurenai

kurenai Well-Known Member

this is such a sweet topic! I hope a lot more people reply to this. My definition of love would have something to do with it being like bubbles... when it touches you, it doesn't hurt.

3. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I'm guessing this is suppose to be like all the small getures things we've done, nothing too deep? :tongue: erm...

Love is pretending you're full so she can have the last piece of chocolate.

4. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

love is taking care of ones that can't do it for themselves. Standing up for them when they fall and fighting the hard fights to make sure they win

6. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Sometimes love is letting go. When others have the means to take care of themselves but start to rely upon others. Such is tough love.

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Love is .....knowing how to love yourself first so that others can do the same.

8. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

love is ... reminding him how much you care when he isn't at his best.

9. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

love is ... reminding him how much you care all the time just for the sake of it!!

10. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Love is ignoring the toilet seat being up more times then not when you live in a house of sons!!!

11. Necromanti

Necromanti Well-Known Member

Love is finding not the brightest star in the universe, but the star that shines the brightest within your own skies.

12. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

love is probably different for everyone and we will know it when we find it..or it finds us. shrugs:unsure:

13. total eclipse

love is keeping up the good fight when it seems you can't fight any longer.

14. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

love to me... is different. it used to be being wanted. now i realise love is being in somebodys heart, whether there with you or not.

15. poison

poison Well-Known Member

love is something i threw away....

16. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i did this too. love? love is trying, love is trying so hard and to have faith in someone and to trust them with everything (your body, heart, soul) as well as knowing yourself deeply. it's to want the best for them. the love i've given is precious, it's so so precious. and it was thrown in my face over and over again.

17. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Love is still holding hands after many years..

18. total eclipse

Love is never giving up on someone or throwing them away sticking with them through the bad as well as the good.

19. shades

shades Staff Alumni

This is a great thread and everyone has said something that is wonderful and poigniant....and one of Itmahanh's which was cute and funny.

I thing you can describe it in many ways, but related to people, for me:

Love is an emotion, a wolly consuming feeling, that when lost, causes pain which is nearly too much to bear.

20. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

Love is telling her it's all going to be okay when she's scared of the dark and holding her to let her know she's safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.