What's your favorite anime series?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Dahak, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

For me it's bleach although i do like naruto as well.

2. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

I thought the onegai twins and teacher were good.

made me laugh he he

3. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

im a complete anime snob, so im partial to serial experiments: lain, boogiepop phantom, and texnolyze.

im also really into more mainstream series' like ghost in the shell SAC/2ndR, cowboy bebop, gantz, gasaraki, and ergo proxy.

cant really say im into any of that shonen jump based stuff

4. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Why are't you into them they make some awesome anime like one peice and dragon ballz.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I like the more thoughtful stuff like lain, boogiepop phantom and ergo proxy. Would also recommend Monster, Millenium Actress and Kino's Journey.

6. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

i dunno, i guess i just grew out of that stuff. though, i did like death note a bit (it got kinda convoluted about halfway through), and that was shonen jump. not saying any of that stuff is bad.

kinos journey is amazing. definitely one of the more beautifully written works out there. millenium actress is pretty good, but ive only watched a scant few episodes, so i cant really say i can form an opinion on it. ive never watched monster, so i may have to look that up.

im currently watching red garden, which isnt bad. you just have to be into that kind of thing.

oh, and lol. cant be an anime fan without watching some evangelion. when it comes to giant robots, im all about gasaraki and big o.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Millenium Actress is by Satoshi Kon who did Perfect Blue, Paranoia Agent, Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika. All really good films, though the Evangelion films still rate as my favourites.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
  8. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

Sailor Moon, Death Note, Yugioh GX, Pokemon, Digimon, a few others.

9. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Has to come down to either Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG or ROD the TV. Although I'm only keeping up with Soul Eater right now. Haven't found anything else interesting.

I read manga more than watch anime. Currently going through One Piece while waiting for new scans of Bleach, Naruto, Gantz, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi and Vagabond.

10. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

'Tis shit like this that proves to me that the world has not only passed me by, it has left me in the dust. :rolleyes:

Any explanations most welcome.

11. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I'd invade their embassy, if you know what I mean.

Still, I imagine it'll work better than sending over Condoleezza Rice or the Duke of Edinburgh.

12. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Death Note, Strawberry Panic!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Karin, Lucky Star, Blood +, Marimite, Bleach, Azumanga Daioh, Chobits.... lots of others

13. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

I gravitate to Manga much more...

But I guess Azumanga Diaoh, Cowbob Bebop (An instance of anime being BETTER than manga), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... Umm... Full Metal Alchemist and others I can't remember. And of course Bleach

14. WARUMONO

WARUMONO Member

NANA, Cowboy Bebop, FMA, and others I can't recall haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.