What's your idea of a perfect world?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Daphna, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

What's your idea of a perfect world? Would it benefit everyone? If so; how? What would make it so great?
  2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I don't believe in perfectness. That is exactly what is wrong in the world, trying to be perfect, in my opinion. We need to accept flaws and weaknesses and help each other grow and evolve...
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I thank you for sharing. At the same time I am confused by your words. You quote Albert Einstein who did believed that this world can be perfected if more people stood up and did what's right.
    Can you explain this? I am not trying to be snarky in any way. I am genuinely curious. :)
  5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

well, just because I use ONE quote of him doesn't mean I agree with EVERYTHING he says. It's like saying, well if you like orange, you should like all the other colors because it's a color, or you should like all fruits because it's a fruit.
  6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

My idea of a perfect world would be one that is filled with love and sincerity. One that is reigned by incorruptible justice.
    One were there is no separation of classes, and one where everyone went out of their way to help one another in all things. Where true equality is felt by all.

In short: my perfect world is the one I put my hope into. And also what I strive to accomplish through my actions. Thanks for reading.
  7. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I believe, completely, that perfection is pointless. If your life were perfect there would be nothing left to strive for, nothing left to improve - the same goes for the world. Perfect would be so boring and pointless that the idea of it horrifies me. There are a thousand things I would like to be better about the world for sure, and I am happy about that. Hope for a better future keeps me going. What is the point in living a life where nothing you do can make anything better or improve anything for anyone?
  8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Perfection is an ideal, but it is a little arbitrary - different people will define "perfection" differently. It might not be possible to make the world "perfect" for everyone.

Being kind, giving, compassionate - those are ideal ways of being that people can strive for, imo. Those concepts, applied to oneself and to the people around us and around the world, can make life better.

Having the emotional and financial/physical ability to "cope" with life in a way that maintains our dignity and encourages the best in others - regardless of what ups and downs life hands us - those are also ideal ways of being.

The world and people are not perfect, but we could give the best side of ourselves to the world to make it a better place. I like the concept of "paying it forward," where someone helps you and doesn't want repayment for themselves, they want a good deed done by you for someone else. I also like the idea that when we do something kind, the kindness/goodness ripples outward and has a positive affect on others and then others and then others...
  9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

10. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Very good point Morning Rush as with our individualistic idiosyncracies we are all different and thus imperfect - if we were perfect we might just as well have been created without free will and conscious thought
  11. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

For me; it would be nice to relax and to enjoy such a stress free and enjoyable life felt by all.
    No struggles, no stress. Pure paradise. JMPO. :)
  12. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I enjoyed reading your reply. Very beautiful. I agree. :)
  13. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

There is an episode of X files where the protagonists comes across a genie and wishes for peace on earth. All humans vanish in that moment. Lol. Sounds about right. What is perfect to me is not perfect to some one else. Who am I to impose my version of illusionary perfection? I will settle for quality of life being a greater measure of a society than its GDP. That would be a start.
  14. MisterBGone

Mine: without me in it!
  15. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Forgive me, but what's GPD stand for?
  16. fam6236

fam6236 Member

My idea of a perfect world is for everyone to be free from fear and worry. I suffer from both these anxiety's and I believe we are heading in a very downward spiral. If people could live with out the worry of money and a poor economy this would make the lives of many people a lot happier. Crime would decline.
  17. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I agree that this would help tremendously.
  18. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

GDP means Gross Domestic Product and is a measure of a countries economic strength and wealth. It is often cited as a means to show standards of living. This is such flawed reasoning. United states ranks top in GDP, but China follows second. Sweden is often rated highly in the quality of life index, which measures health, family life, and job security, among other things. But its GDP ranking is at 22. Iran however is at 21 in GDP. But Iran is 88th on the quality of life index! lol What does that tell you?

If we continue on in this way this will be the future for us all.

A sunrise against a backdrop of air pollution.

The above image is from China, which ranks 60th on the quality of life index.

Put simply if we continue to measure value in money alone and in the ever hungry pursuit of the bottom line, that demands infinite growth in a finite world. We are set to simply cannibalise ourselves and reap such awful suffering as a result. We are such a stupid species. This is why in my perfect world quality of life takes precedence.
  19. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I thank you for clearing that up for me. I agree that the love of money is what's killing this world.
  20. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

My perfect world is a world with way less humans
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.