What's your reason?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by volia, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volia

volia New Member

Hi guys

I'm having a bad day today. I know there are reasons I am still here, but frankly I'm having a hard time remembering anything much more then wanting to read a book coming out next month. I can think of alot of reasons not to be here, but that doesn't help much.

Because you guys are here, I'm assuming that at least some of you have been suicidal at one point and had a reason for still being here. Would you mind sharing your reasons? I could really use some positive reasons right now... Thanks for your help
  2. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

My reason was ME!
  3. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

My reason to prove i'm better than a certain person.
  4. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

I have two lovely children who are fantastic !
  5. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

I dont want anyone to have to find me I guess, plus every time I get to the point of giving up someone manages to give me a reason to carry on one more day
  6. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

I was afraid of hell. Now I know religion Is an Illusion.
  7. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

my reason is this forum, and also my torie amos collection- her cd is brilliant.

sad i know, but what ever- i don't care
  8. Green.Triceratops

Green.Triceratops Account Closed

My dad said he had to die first in my family. Might have to kill him.
  9. paranoidxe

paranoidxe Well-Known Member

A few things:
    a) Things can/will get better and problems don't last forever.
    b) There are people out there that are in far worse situations than I am and they are still hanging on.
  10. headcrash

headcrash Well-Known Member

my reason' s music and books, not first and not last but among them the holy bible.
    on the other hand it' s 42 of course.
    just to let you know, shouldn' t be a rant or a sermon I' m still here (not regularly) but the net and some important suicide prevention lines can help.
    I have tried, failed and hate myself for thinkin' it' s a way out.

take care
  11. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

My parents are amazing. I won't give up before they exit... hopefully.
  12. emotional_girl

emotional_girl Well-Known Member

I want desperately to die. The reason I'm still here (at the risk of being too religious on this forum) I've heard a lot of people say that if a person kills themselves they can't go to heaven. I don't know how true that is but I'm scared to death of doing it and finding out that they were right.
  13. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Mostly for my Dad and my cats. My Dad is nearing his 70's and I'm the only blood relative he has left* and the only person who ever bothers to visit him. I can't leave him entirely alone.

My cats simply because I love them too much. My mum loves them too but she doesn't see them the way I do. I see them as little people, with personalities and likes and dislikes. I see them as my children and I'd take a bullet for any one of them. She see's them as animals that are nice to have around but if push came to shove, she'd get rid of them if they ever got in the way of what she wants.

* My Dad has two other children; my half-brothers, but we haven't seen or heard from them in over ten years and don't have a clue of where they are.

Another reason is this.
  14. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

i get this shoved at me at lot...it makes me think. i need to be 100% convinced i am going where i want to be, despire the "it doesnt matter" moments
  15. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My reason is my daughter.. She is depressed also and is always talking about killing herself.. Then theres my grandaughter.. I can't do that to her..
  16. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

My mom and my dad :sad:
    I had never seen my dad cry before in my life, but just recently when he caught me preparing my exit, he begged me in tears not to leave him...
  17. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

The shame of quitting before I play all my cards.
    I don't want to be a coward. I don't want to be ashamed of what I've done.
    I don't want to fail God. or fail anyone really.
    What is that called?
    Being selfish?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  18. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

I would say the main reason I stick around is for my cats....especially my one cat Hannah. And like others said earlier....fear of not going to heaven. And fear of actually attempting I guess.
  19. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I've got too many wrongs left to right.

I mean, apart from religion, or spirituality - there is a moral code also and everyone has a code - even the worse of us. Criminals have a code, cops have one, your parents, teachers, aunties and uncles. Even if someone says "I don't give a flying f***" - that's a code - a basic crude one, but a code all the same.

Part of my moral code and religion is a belief that life is precious.

Even if, at times, my life does not seem that precious - the potential is there. Either way, I know that other peoples lives matter - and I've made differences there in good ways. I am precious to others whether I like it or not.

Also, there is a saying which goes 'Illegitimi non carborundum!'

This is Latin for 'don't let the bastards grind you down'

You can take this life as a spiritual experience in which the souls of people, clothed with the density of bone and flesh, are given free will and are subject to the influences of good and evil. This makes for a sometimes cruel world in which one child is circled by love and affection - and another subject to the horrors of abuse.

In our world, we have choices. We have bestial instincts, perhaps I'm being unkind to beasts whose only 'sin' might be to kill off another beasts cubs, or kill off a rival male. The worse people can see in animals is your cat, seemingly torturing some poor mouse or bird - no animal goes to the lengths of self gratification as humans do. None are so cruel as humans.

You can see life as a basic or complicated struggle of nature alone - a struggle which is seen in every living thing. Only mankind has come to the point whereby we might contemplate taking our own lives. Every other creature will struggle no matter what the odds to survive. My guess is that whilst depression and mental illness are obviously playing a big role in suicides - the cruelty and sometimes ineptitude of society leads to a misery of the human spirit also.

Feeling powerless leads to a despondency. You need only walk through a poor area to actually feel this almost physically. But you will always meet people with hope - people who are making a stand in one way or another. People who tell you Illegitimi non carborundum!

The 'bastards' in this case, can be anyone from some idiot bullying you - to the walled in relationship, or dealing with 'The Ex'. It especially means dealing with the powers that be. The people who rule the world are malicious people who have long made a bargain with the devil in my book. They want us all to be down and out and really have no joy and goodwill to spread, just wars and tyranny and people too depressed to even fight back suits them.

And last but not least - most people are not religious - and some religious people do more harm than good once you get introduced to the rules in play. Telling people you will go to Hell if you don' support the right religion - was and is a political form of religion - one used to scare people into conformity - which usually means not questioning the ruling elite.

Religious people can be used and manipulated. Look no further than the young men who blow themselves up to reach some paradise which seems created by men for men. Like an eternal gentleman's club, to put it quaintly.

Christians, Jews and Muslims, have all in turn been used and their religions turned into a shameless mask worn in the theft of land and resources.

Jesus Christ spoke about Hell - but who was condemned to that place had to be a wicked person.

I know people who have committed suicide - not for one moment would I imagine they were in hell because their mind was afflicted by a horrible illness. For me at least, God, whatever or whoever that might be, is forgiving and merciful.

Suicide is not 'wicked', not unless you've got a bomb in your backpack. It is tragic - and if there is a God and we are his children - think about that relationship - and how much you would forgive a child, or hopefully how much your parents would forgive you.

You could argue that Christ's ministry itself was a suicidal mission.

He preached about peace, love and fellowship to people who hated him for it.

And lets be honest, if Jesus came back today to the 'Holy Land' I think He would say...

"2000 years and you lot still don't get it"

20. Octsia

Octsia Active Member

I keep going for a friend that cares.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.