what's your secret place??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by tiredfighter, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiredfighter

tiredfighter Well-Known Member

I've just come home from my secret place, it's an abandoned mill nobody knows about, I go there everyday and sit and write or if I'm having a bad day as I have been today I can scream as loud as I want for as long as I want, and it got me wondering, if you all have a secret place whee your totally free to do what you want and don't have to keep up a facade incase it makes other people "awkward", and if you do what is it? :) thought this would be a good thing to talk about :)
  2. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

I wish I had a place like that. Sounds comforting.

For me I'm stuck at home all the time and often is drives me insane.
  3. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

I dont have anywhere now, but in the 90s when I was a teenager there was a big old disused railway bridge over a river, that was bricked up on either side,was a bit out of town and surrounded by forest, I used to go sit on that and smoke cigarettes and scribble in my notebook... brings it back... havent been there now for 15 years..
  4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

No, I have no privacy.

The only place I can go out of sight is into the bathroom.
  5. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i guess our attic. no one ever goes up there. but i cant be as loud as i want
  6. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Mines down oaks vill rriver theres not many people around it's calm I go under the tree and write in my journal thats my place, I eeven have pictures of it lol, I feel like I can let go in my place, when I need to, thats a lot :(
  7. tiredfighter

tiredfighter Well-Known Member

I think it's very important to have that place to escape to, even if it's just under your duvet, if I didnt have mine I know I'd either be in jail or dead
  8. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

I used to have a whole house to myself and I loved it. Looking back though, I'm glad I wasn't as depressed then as I am now or I probably wouldn't be alive. Now I'm limited to my room in a cheap, campus apartment. I often escape through writing fictional stories. It's a tremendous stress reliever just to focus on another world for a little while. It's always kind of been my secret place.
  9. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I wish I had a secret place. Like some hidden place in my own backyard or something.
  10. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

I don't have a "place" but my thing is to just drive around the back roads and either sing/scream as loud as I can.
    Do this just about every night.
  11. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

In the forest near my house, there's a path that's really wide and goes all the way around the lake. But if you're walking away from my house, on the left there's a smaller path that breaks off and goes into a dense part of the forest. I like it because it feels like I'm being swallowed up into the the forest, away from whatever I'm running away from.
  12. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

I used to have one in a secluded area off of a tobacco trail. It was beautiful. A large pond/small lake and lots of trees surrounding it. It was so quiet you could hear the crickets chirp.

Sometimes I'd walk around exploring it (it was probably 10 acres big excluding the surrounding forest, and other times I'd just relax and drink a few beers.
  13. Tonks

Tonks Active Member

Use to go to a small marshland surrounded by a thick forest near my house. I knew that place like the back of my hand, how to get to places where I couldn't be found or where thick mud would mire those without an intimate knowledge of each patch of grass. There was one extra secluded bank I would go to, and just listen to the chirping of frogs and crickets, and the chorus of birds. It was beautiful, until it was turned into a housing development. There are still some woods left, but it is quiet, all the birds are gone now, the marsh was drained and filled in.

Now, my only secret place is my mind.
  14. Dylan

Dylan Member

The river bottoms. Very flat and isolated in the winter. I wish could get there more often.
  15. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

SF is my secret place
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.