whatsgoingon.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Elle., Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

I dont know what thefuck to do. I never actually thought about how my perfect little family could indeed be not so perfect at all. Never.

Tonight, my mom noticably drank too much. Again. I called my older brother, and he didn't wanna come home if these things are going on, he knows my mom tends to drink a lot. She just gets really annoying and all over-happy and just drunk.

So I'll leave that problem with my brother, for he knows how to get through to my mom.

There is another thing though! My little sister, 15 years old, is developing some form of an anorexic-like illness. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I have problems I have to deal with myself. Secrets I wan tno one else in my family to know. And tonight; about 15 minutes ago, my own little sister whos always put up this defensive wall around her, confessed she's been throwin up her food!!!! WHAT DO I DO??? Tell my mom or older sister? or do nothing, cuz she trusts me? or try to find info on the internet and solve it myself? but I'm in trouble myself and there's no way I'll let it show. She's shown sp much courage in telling me this, and now it's pointless! I can't figure out what to do to help....I'm just watching her count calories and starving herself and I can't help her. My mom and sister know shes obsessed with dieting and working out, my mom even listened at the door when she went to the toilet. But they don't actually know its this bad!

Sorry for the huge rant.. I just literally dont have anywhere else to put this......

I guess there's no such thing as an ordinary family.

xoxo
    LC.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Can you tell your therapist? I mean if they are helping you they would know the next best step-right?
    Or an aunt or uncle perhaps? Maybe on of your sisters teachers? Teachers usually have a clue something is up and their main concern I would think would be your sister so maybe won't go running to your mom so fast.
    Bottom line your are right you got too much going on right now and need to focus on you! You can not be there for them if your feeling so bad. It is great that your sister trusted you but it was a cry for help, I don't think she will feel betrayed at all...she trusted you to get her help and that is what you'll be doing
    hang in there and feel free to PM if you want.
    Love B

3. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

I don't have a therapist, and don't need one, it's not that bad with me.. like I always thought we were this completely tight happy family..
    but I guess no one really does.

I think I'll try to talk to my sister tomorrow...

Do you think it might be just puberty and she'll get over this 'phase'? or do you think there's more to it? I don't know much about eating disorders.. that's why I'm asking..

I do know there is SOMETHING I have to do. But I'm not sure if my mom is the right person to talk to right now..

Thanks for your reply by the way :) I'm just a little confused right now.

xoxo
    LC.

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

LC I agree mom might not be the best right now. As far a phase to a certain extent I bet it is but the "reasons" why she wants to do this to herself are the real problem and that is how she is coping with life and that is not a good way. Plus physically she is doing damage and that may end up long term.
    I think your on the right track but don't take on too much hun and we are here for you.
    Keep us updated.
    B

5. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies.

I've first told my brother about it, he's a really down to earth 'no bullshit' guy. I know he's someone I can really trust. He advised me to tell mom since he's not living at home anymoe there is not much he can do. Also he's a guy and there's some sort of difference among sexes..

So I told my mom and she was seriously shocked and mad at ME at first. I felt really really bad, but after a while I tried to lift up the atmosphere with a bit of humour and she got all chilled again. After that we had a long talk about what to do, concluding we're going to help her subtly... My mom's weihed my sister and then hid the scales to prevent her from checking herself every day. mom's gonna check at the end of the week what the outcome is..

She's talked to my sister a lot about dieting and the right and wrongs of it. Also, my sister is starting to look yello-ish. And you can actually grab her pants at the thigh part wher etheyre supposed to be tightest, and be able to pull her near you.. it's creepy (dont know if that makes sense)

Anyways, she's going to get help from professionals if it gets out of hand, but it seems to be going better now. I'm just worried she'll be more secrative about it....

xoxo
    LC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.