When did u first learn how to wear necktie?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by nicesinging1, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

What age did u first learn how to make a knot on your necktie? E.g. windsor, half-windsor, pratt, 4-in-1 knots, etc...

2. ...never did...female...

But this reminded me of a joke.

Why do lawyers wear ties?
    To keep the foreskin from crawling up their chins.

:biggrin:

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

When I was about 7. We had to wear ties through junior school and comprehensive.

4. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

When i was 5. We had to wear them through primary and secondary school. My friend and I were the 1st in our class able to tie our own ties. I think women in ties is quite cute... I wish they'd let me wear one for work but the female uniform is a blouse with a scarf - dam it, I did mention this to my manager and he said you are not here to look cute... you need to look proffessional - he has a point I suppose.

5. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

wow, i feel so. . . . . classless i didn't learn how to wear a tie till i was 15, and then i didn't learn how to tie a tie till like, well i still have to look at tie-a-tie.net

6. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it, I just learned how to do one at 20. I have never had to wear one so far. There's so many things I don't know how to do, I am so underdeveloped and thats one big reason for my depression, that I am inferior and behind everyone else. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2008
  7. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

No idea, just something you have to learn for skool.

8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Yeah probably during middle school

9. will123

will123 New Member

I just learned a month ago using a website that teaches me 15 different neck ties. This is a great resource on How to tie a neck tie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.