When do you know

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Jemm, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

when that time comes where the saddness isn't something you can let go of, that somewhere deep down it became a part of who you are and letting it go is harder than just remaining in a perpetual state of depression, when it is what defines you...?
    I keep telling myself it gets better, that once this cloud of pain has passed, things will be different, I'll be different, I'll move... But what if I'm just pretending, what if I'm too scared to be anything but depressed?

2. Rallen12

Rallen12 Member

I know what you mean i had a girlfriend for some time when i was depressed, the first few week i was happy but then i got really scared of what would happen when the happiness stops and i felt like i was trying to stay depressed again,eventually i was so depressed i stop caring about her i feel that depression is a part of me i sometimes wonder what would it be like to not be depressed but i think i forgot how it felt i'm still hoping that somthing someday will change me and finally i will be able to enjoy life because right now i think its not as good as everyone thinks it is.

maybe you're not feeling what i am but know that you're not alone and all you can do is meet people capable of changing your life and time will help with that, someday you will look back and think "I wished i felt like this in those times" all you can do is hope and remeber you're never alone you can always come here if you're in need,we all are at somepoint the hardest thing is to tell other people and not be judged luckuly me and everyone here isn't interested in judging you just making you happy! if you ever need to talk i'm here :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
  3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I think I know what you mean... sometimes I wonder if I would even be happy if my life was exactly how I wanted it to be. Maybe I'm sabotaging myself on purpose because I'm so used to feeling depressed that it's become comfortable to me. I hate to admit it, but part of me does relish the feeling of being miserable. I think I'm finally getting tired of feeling that way, though. It's taken me a long time, but I'm getting to the point to where I really just want to be happy and I'm willing to take the necessary steps to get there. Even if you do enjoy sadness, it starts to get boring after 20 years or so, lol. Our emotions don't define us... they are certainly a part of us and will always be a part of our past, but they don't make us who we are. We are greater than the sum of our parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.