when do you need stitches?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by wecouldfightcrime, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wecouldfightcrime

wecouldfightcrime Active Member

hey there all,

basically i have these unsightly scars on my upper thighs, but the cuts are <edit mod triggering>. thing is when i cut they bleed a lot and i have had to lie down on the bathroom floor to avoid passing out.

basically my question is 'how wide does a cut have to be for it to be something you should go to the a&e for?
    because i really don't wanna clog up the already hectic a&e by asking for stitches in some pathetic cuts just because i want scarring to be minimum and shit.

i dunno where i'm really going with this sorry :grey:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You should not be cutting period it does not matter the size cut it could get infected you could get blood poisoning and that is just from minor cuts hun
    You need to talk to someone to get better coping skill to stop your pain ok harming you will not work you will only have to harm more and more so stop NOW before it get critical
  3. wecouldfightcrime

wecouldfightcrime Active Member

i know but i've cut for 5 years and i kinda feel like i've gone a bit far. my arm is the worst but the cuts on my thighs are in proper high movement areas and keep ripping open and getting caught and it hurts so bad :(
    but thankyou, i am getting help for a range of stuff at the moment anyway :) xxxxx
  4. Senada

Senada Well-Known Member

I second total eclipse; cutting's not good and you should get help to stop this. And the risk of infection is there wether the cut is small or big.

However, maybe this site may help you at your actual question?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.