When grown ups fall down

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by livingdead_grl, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I'm new here, but am hoping to find some people who have survived similar things to help support each other.

I had a nervous breakdown after my husband left me and took our two kids and spent six weeks in the hospital after four attempts. I am back at work now and alone in a new apartment with no stuff, since he took everything we owned and left our home trashed.

After my attempts and my time in the hospital, I have no hope of seeing my kids again and my husband hates me and there is no hope of reconciliation.

I'm afraid to try again but living like this is excruciating every minute and the medications I'm on don't seem to help.......IS there light at the end of even THIS tunnel? Anyone been here before??

:help::help::help::help::help:

2. sorrowstealer

sorrowstealer Member

I'm feel bad that you are going through this hell. I know there is a light at the end of every tunnel. I had an aunt to go through something similar to what you are going through now. She tried her best to stay strong. She ended up letting "justice prevail" and got custody of her child. All I can do is to tell you to have faith in God and pray. The devil is always trying to find ways to get us down and to destroy us. We just gotta keep this in our mind and not let him win. You said that you attempted to end your life several times.. well, I say that there is a reason that you didn't succeed. There must be a bright light at the end of the tunnel you are in because you are still here.
    I pray what I have said here will be taken at heart, because it came from mine.

If you wanna talk my email address is sorrowstealer07@yahoo.com

3. Hello.

Every persons circumstances are different, mine are similar in some ways.

My wife left me with my daughter, as a result I tried to end it several times. After some time in "the nut house" (as I call it) life went on. It was horendous for years - my brain had to change. I had to change how I thought about my relationship with my daughter which was fundamental to who I am.

Anyway...

At this time it sounds like you are struggling to exist. Switch every thing else off - this time is for you. If you cant get right with yourself you cant be right with anyone and you will not be able to properly develop your relationship with your kids. Get help - counselling, it helps over time - tedious to start with ( I felt) but in the long term you'll be able to exist, and then move on with your kids.

These days mothers have all the rights so you should be fine, if you take the time now to get to the bottom of your own "issues".

Having been through my own "issues" I now get to see my daughter fairly regularly and some how manage to do my job as a Personnel Manager, I cant believe it sometimes when I consider the past.

PM me if ya wanna talk about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.