When is suicide morally justifiable?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kittylover, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittylover

kittylover Well-Known Member

I've been in severe mental pain for a decade. Despite my best effort, I still look like a man, and know that I'll never look female like I am on the inside.

I'm tired of fighting. I just want it to end. There's nothing I want from life anymore.

I have nowhere to go to but here. I've been crying for hours alone today.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
  2. HelgasAngel

HelgasAngel Well-Known Member

you place your own morals upon suicide. If you believe there is a right and wrong in killing oneself then concluding whether it is morally justifiable or not will be somewhat challenging. BUT if you're like me and other people I know who believe there is nothing wrong with killing yourself, that there is only right in doing what you feel is best for yourself (escaping the pain) then morality becomes non-important. Of course, morality shouldn't be limited to right or wrong but when people think of morals they usually think of that. Just my two cents.
  3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I dont honestly know the answer to that, despite my own suicidal thoughts and self harm. I would say never, I guess I live in hope that there is help and another way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.