When is the last time you exercised?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by houseofcards, Mar 12, 2012.

1. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

For me it would have been on Saturday. Did the elliptical, treadmill, weight machines focusing on my core, back, and chest, and more elliptical.
  2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

3 months ago... walking on treadmill for 10 minutes.
  3. Descendant

Descendant Account Closed

I prefer to exercise outside, usually in the form of mountain biking or hiking which was about 2 days ago. Went down to the river and back with the dog and it's all up hill coming back so it's a good work out. That's good you went to the gym though, working out is a good stress reliever.

@Lightbeam; Do you ever go on walks just around the block or anything? That counts as exercise. If you haven't been doing much lately you should find a wooded are and trails and just explore them. Trail blazing is a lot more soothing than walking around a suburb or hitting the gym I think.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Exercise is something I need to become well acquainted with. Which is why I'm making it a goal to exercise a certain amount every day.
  5. Null

Null Well-Known Member

yesterday, did walking for 30 minutes
  6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Been a while... kinda feel like crap about it because I was determined to get on a regular exercise schedule and stick to it. Well I failed at that.
  7. letty

letty Banned Member

this morning for an hour and tonight for 30 minutes
  8. lifeless84

lifeless84 Well-Known Member

last week. usualy excercise 4 - 5 days in a week for 30 - 60 minuts. atm, i have an injury to cure, so i have a small break...
  9. houseofcards

Just went today, didn't do as good as I expected to do. Had to kind of tone it down today because I have a meditation class later today and don't want to be pooped out. Lasted only 8 minutes on the elliptical, did the other 12 minutes on the bike. Did pecs and lats only today since the gym was so effing busy :( Later tonight i'll be doing my squats and lunges though and maybe put on one of my new exercise dvd's. I'm so so willing to lose weight but there's just so much you can do when a gym is jam packed and you live in the boonies near no trails :(
  10. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I'm the same way. It's been almost forever. I think walking at work has been the only one in a while. But I just can't get myself to do anything else
  11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

this morning walked for about 30 min there and back kept my girl company
  12. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

My job requires a lot of walking so I just make do with that. Haven't exercised for exercise' sake in a long time.
  13. houseofcards

Spent an hour total at the gym, not going to have a nice wakeup tomorrow. My legs and abs will hate me forever. I don't think I'm doing a full body workout ever again.
  14. letty

letty Banned Member

this morning i walked at the beach, lift some weights tonight
  15. Moat

Moat Banned Member

It would have been eight days ago for me, when I did that 50 kilometer walk.
  16. letty

letty Banned Member

this morning
  17. houseofcards

Yesterday I did 8 miles on the back and did some weights. I might go back later today, I'm starting to like this whole gym routine thing.
  18. letty

letty Banned Member

about half an hour ago
  19. station

station Member

spent the weekend vacationing with friends, didn't get a bit of exercise, so i'm going to reset and say my answer is later today ;). i've found exercise is key to my state of mind. like several folks have mentioned, i have a hard time staying motivated on my own, so i have the best luck with community activities: rocking climbing, indoor soccer, crossfit ect... a lot of them are super low commitment, so if you're struggling to stay motivated by yourself at the gym, sign up for something communal, worst case scenario, you don't like it and you don't go back.
    (they even have dodgeball leagues near most college towns now ;) )
  20. houseofcards

Went today, did 8 miles on the bike again, shoulders, chest, abs, and back. It's like whenever I post on here it's a chest abs and back day... weird.