When its your turn

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bostonensis, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I have been hospitalized these last few months for various reasons, including the psych ward. I am scared todeath. Why? The people that suppose to care for the sick don't gave a damn of how you are. It boils down again to a nitty greedy that its only a job. I thought to myself I 'd rather die in a shack , with no expectations from anyone ,who are there pretending they care or the least making you believe that they have your best interest in their heart. Bullshit. They care about their lifestyle not you/us.This confirms my belief that the course of how I am going to die ,if possible will be my decision to make , spare me from being used as a medium of the healthcare system who is hosing my taxdollars while depriving my dignity to die in peace.

2. Yana

Yana Active Member

Hi, i'm sorry to hear that you have been through so much recently. I can empathise with your views towards medical professionals. I hold many negative ones myself from experience. But on occassions I have met people who genuinely care and are kind. One such person has really assisted me and has helped me to turn a corner perhaps. Please don't base your decisons upon the responses of the uncaring, and do try not to base your self worth on other people's views and responses. You are worth so much more than that. Ultimately it is always your decison how and when it ends, even if that decison turns out to be living out your natural lifespan. Sending positive thoughts your way. Yx

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I also agree with you regarding the professionals and the healthcare system. My personal experience has been that you receive much more help from people in places like SF and by the members in support groups. You are dealing with others that have or are feeling what you are feeling. Most professionals only have the expertice that they have accumulated over the years through textbooks and not life experiences. I'm glad that you are able to post here and hope that you are able to find the support you need.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug:

5. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

Im not paranoid about anything but I sometimes wondered why the State wouldnt put money enough on health, and above all on mental illness.
    It could be on their interest so as to hold a grab on each of us, regarding economical issues

Reminds me of my philosophy teacher in HS who used to say that they wouldnt allow Nietzche to be teached in high school or putting enough money on education because it's always easier to have people less educated because you are likely not to question yourself a lot, then society as well.

amazing to see that however, they ve put a lot of money on social plans. by iving away money, people are likely to shut up. giving extras, but not healing the roots ( health..). sounds curious to me

so as they say, suicide in France is 1st dying cause among 15-24 before car crash?third after cancer?
    Well, then why dont they put money on psy wards and treatments?!
    No its easier then to say that ple showed nothing about their feelings, did not "try" to get better, parents failed etc.
    So much easier.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  6. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Here in Canada the workers in the health care 'industry' (that's what the thing is called) recieve a lot of money. I used to listen to conversations going to the university in the bus, mornings. There were all these ambitious first year students dreaming of becoming doctors. The more realistic ones aimed at dentistry/pharmacy. All they talked about was how after you get out of university and in the HC industry, you make half a mil in no time or even a solid mil if you get to be a doctor. I thought, hell, these guys don't give a damn about helping people. They just want money.
    I guess there are consciencious people in the HC too, but who can say how many?

I'd rather not see a doctor if I can help it. I'd only go to a doc for something like a broken bone, which is formulaic enough for him to handle, and hard enough for me to deal with on my own.
    Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Good luck Bostonensis.

7. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

I too have found uncaring and unprofessional people within the health system here in England..But like the others I have found angels too..

I guess I am slightly unique as I am also a practicing staff nurse..

Yesterday I saw another couple of OD's, domestic abuse and a variety of examples of humanities contempt for others..I have seen these for the last ten years and before I even qualified...I have lived through my experiences of death, despair and pain and hope that I am one of those angels who offer solence and remember that we are talking to a human being..

I know the medical staff can be distant and aloof..I know this for a fact, but over here nurses receive poor pay and crap conditions..We try to help but the system and the outright contempt we get from the population wears us down..I only ask that when you find that angel..The one who makes it all seem ok..That you look at them as a human being, not a health professional..Some of us DO care..some of us are still learning.

8. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I am a dentist by profession, & it irritates the hell out of me the attitudes of these animals. Another thing is the ER , so many fat people ,no offense,but they move like freakin turtles ,while people are waiting for hours bleeding ,cursing, babies crying, in so much pain & to me watching them is emotional draining,while I am in so much pain myself.

ambitious first year students dreaming of becoming doctors

Damn right, the greediest people on earth. As a foreign trained grad , I use to work as a dental assistant . I cannot understand how these people sleep at night , subjecting people in so much pain just to maximize the allowable insurance coverage. I have seen so many horror situation , so much . One time ,an old guy came back after a porcelain fixed bridge was installed, there is an premature contact causing the pain in the TMJ , meaning the bridge is higher that it is suppose to be, by using a porcelain this material will not allow us to trim & do adjustments, what you remove is approximately what is to be replaced. The only solution is to start the whole process . You know wwhat the fucker do? He start trimming the natural teeth,the opposing one. Guess what happen the opposing got damaged so much exposing the nerve & at that point ,the patient is in so much pain & he gave him novocaine & told him to take tylenol if the pain comes back. He look me in the eye & I shake my head & he said you gotta to go, & I said you don't need to tell me ,coz I am outta in here & I will report you to the Dental Board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.