When life gives you lemons.....

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by NYJmpMaster, Oct 6, 2013.

1. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

There is always the discussion of pragmatic vs realistic outlook .

If life hands you lemons make lemon aide.

If you do not have sugar to go with the lemons then the lemon aide really sucks.

and some people just do not like lemon aide regardless and really would rather have a Coke and are unsure why they are expected to be happy with lemon aide when all they want is the Coke everybody else is drinking.

I have my lemons, and I even have the good fortune to have some sugar as well. I do not want lemon aide today. I want Coke. I do not just want Coke, I want Coke with ice and maybe even a little Bacardi today. The fact i do not have coke, Bacardi, and that if I did it would be bad for me to drink it is not really of importance at the moment in my psyche.

Today will pass and tomorrow I might be very happy to have lemon aide again, but right now it is not what I want. And good attitude is not making me think the lemon aide is just as good. Not today, it is not.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I have a notepad with a bunny and bunch of lemons...the bunny says, "When life gives you lemons, squirt the juice in the eyes of your enemies!"

Mean old bunny! :D
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Love that bunny Acy! XD
  4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" - Cave Johnson*
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks NYJumpMaster for starting this thread. Well said. I also like reading the responses. I do think its so important not to preach to people about making that lemonade. I happen to love lemons and cocacola. Okay, I diverted. More important, This brings to mind what people say about it taking more muscles to frown than it does to smile. When I am feeling sad it sometimes takes a lot of muscles to smile. other times its quite easy. I can often smile when I am not overly happy. I quite enjoy doing that. But there are times when it is difficult. I do not believe that it takes less muscles, during those times, to smile. :) :(