1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when no one knew my name

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by dropmealine, Jan 7, 2007.

1. dropmealine

dropmealine Well-Known Member

it seems that I have lost some anonymity (wait, A LOT of anonymity). I think I tried to get my life together but it all fell apart so horribly. And people saw this. I miss it when nobody knew who i was. I honestly really do. Walking down the street, at school, around town, I see people that know who i am and i long for the time when i was a complete stranger to everyone. i felt so much more comfortable than now. I miss it when I felt that the world was big and anonymous. i miss the fact that those around me could look at me as a mysterious person and just wonder. Now the truth is out there. I am a sad, sad person, and i wish that nobody knew that. I think i said before that I hate sympathy. It makes me feel much much worse. i think i need a really tough critic. it may be the only thing that can help me.

And on every spring-of-the moment occasion that i try to get my life together it seems that things fall apart.

2. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

I hear you on the sympathy thing. When I was 13, my mom died. I was away for a week. (wake, funeral, mourning time, ect.). When I came back, everything was the same, but it was different. Everyone knew about it because my teacher made everyone sign a card for me, so she obviously had to tell them all about it. Everyone had that look in their eyes. I hated it. I wanted it to be normal. I wasn't even sad anymore about my mother being dead. I got home that day and I beat the hell out of a punching bag we had.

Tell me a bit about what you're sad about, maybe I can offer you some advice. There's not much else I can do right now except say that I can relate.

3. dropmealine

dropmealine Well-Known Member

need to add to this. people say get out there and be social.

THIS DOES NOT WORK. I do not want to hear about other peoples' wonderful siccesses, trips, girlfriends/boyfriends, etc. I have none of this. This makes me feel worse. And when other people realize i haven't any of it i feel i am bringing them down.

4. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

I never talked/talk to me friends about that. We just always laughed together, even about stupid things. Maybe you can find people like that?

Best of luck my friend.:smile: